Hi Bountiful and West Bountiful friends,
It has been a remarkable stretch in the campaign. Dr. Mason's campaign has sent out an attack ad (email or text or paper mailer) against me every day for the last 5 days in a row. These attacks have been a mix of some things that are taken out of context, some things that are half true, and some things that are completely false.
Although some have claimed to be from "Independent" outside groups, each of them that I have seen has been produced directly by his campaign, or by one of his campaign workers, or by someone that is a close friend of one of his campaign workers.
I don't remember ever seeing a campaign here for a local office that has sent so many negative political ads, and I will tell you it can be very discouraging to see so many horrible untrue things said about you. If you are willing to mix some things that are half true with some things that are completely false - you can make anyone look horrible.
It is my sincere hope that voters in our community don't want to have campaigns that are run this way. I think we will all be better off and have better government if candidates spend their time telling you what they believe and what they have done. Here are some of the things I believe:
- I believe we should work towards a great public education system where parents, students, and teachers can all thrive.
- I believe we will all be better off if we keep taxes and regulations low so businesses can prosper and provide the jobs our families need.
- I oppose abortion and believe that we should seek pro-life policies that also protect women's lives and health.
- I believe it is important to listen to all sides of complicated issues and treat everyone with respect.
- I believe it is important to communicate with voters both to let you know what I am working on and hear what is important to you.
If you have specific question about my positions or votes on any of the issues brought up in any of the attack ads, I hope you will contact me to discuss. My number is 801-440-8765.
Ray Ward M.D.-PhD.