Performance Through People, a West Midlands based training provider with over 40 years' experience of delivering apprenticeships, have partnered with Kaplan to offer a modern approach to accountancy training. Available from this autumn, these blended learning programmes offer the best of both worlds - classroom session with specialist tutors, up to the minute, engaging digital resources and out of hours online support from Kaplan, combined with the reassurance of regular workplace visits from PTP's qualified staff. This allows each person to study in the way they find most effective, while their employer can be assured of their progress through regular reviews.
What makes our delivery different?
- PTP training adviser who visits the workplace to provide training and support and monitor progress. Consistent point of contact for the delegate and employer, arranging classes and exams and handling with any concerns or support needs.
- Classroom sessions delivered by specialist tutors using the latest digital resources. Specialising in specific areas means tutors have in depth knowledge and are up to date with the latest regulatory changes affecting industry.
- Delegates have access to online resources and materials through their own account, including revision materials and practice tests to ensure readiness for exams.
- Comprehensive resource packs for each module.
- Access to tutors online outside of normal working hours.
- End point assessment and exams required for AAT qualifications, all arranged by PTP.
Who are these programme suitable for?
- Level 3 for Assistant Accountants, which includes the AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting. Suitable for people working within practice or the finance function of an organisation. Part of their role will involve assisting in day to day financial activities such as data entry to month end management accounts and/or year-end financial statements.
- Level 4 for Professional Accounting Taxation Technicians, which includes the AAT Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting. Suitable for people who have responsibility for creating and reviewing financial information, who could be working in an accounting practice, a professional services company, HMRC or the accounting function of a business or other organisation.
What is the cost?
Both programmes are eligible for apprenticeship funding - this means that larger levy paying employers can pay for the training using the funds in their digital account, while smaller companies have 95% of the training costs paid by government funding.
Companies with fewer than 50 staff who employ young apprentices up to 18 years old could put them through the training at no cost to the business, as well as receiving the £1000 incentive payment available to all employers who take on an apprentice aged 18 or younger.
Funding is available for existing staff who want to improve their skills and gain a qualification, or for newly recruited employees who you want to develop. PTP offer free apprentice recruitment as part of their service.
When will the classes start?
Level 3 at our Wolverhampton centre, WV1 4BL 4th June 2019, 9.30am - 4.30pm
Level 4 at our Walsall centre, WS1 1SQ 16th May 2019, 9.30am - 4.30pm