The September “Christ in Our Home” devotionals will be in the outdoor mailbox in the afternoons!
Though the St. John building is closed to the public, you can call the office with any questions or concerns. When staff is there your call will be answered, otherwise leave a voicemail for Kathy. You can also reach her by emailing email@example.com.
or you can go to the church and pick up a physical copy in the church mailbox in the afternoon or go to the church website and access it online.
A reopening team of church staff, Deacons, and ushers have been planning for a safe return to in-house worship at church on September 27. There will be safety guidelines to follow, including a reservation system to attend, social distancing, and mask wearing by everyone.
Members and Friends of St. John Lutheran,
The Church Council has made the decision to begin offering a weekly in-person worship option in addition to our weekly online and radio services. We will have one, in-person service on Sundays at 9 AM. Our first Sunday together will be September 27th. The following instructions were taken from the in-person worship plan and are intended to help make the in-person worship experience meaningful and safe:
• There will be a limit of 50 people for each worship service to maintain social distancing.
• All worshipers will need to register by 4 PM on Thursday before the Sunday service by calling the church office. Only registered worshipers will be admitted.
• Entry and exit will be through the main doors which will open at 8:45 AM Sundays. Worshipers will need to check-in with a greeter as they enter the building.
• Face masks will be required for those five years and older. We will provide a face mask for anybody who needs one.
• All worshipers will be ushered to their seats to maintain physical distancing between family groups.
• Communion will be offered at every service so that it’s available whenever worshipers are able to attend. We will not be singing or speaking in unison, any singing and responsive readings will be pre-recorded.
• Please read the full plan for additional information.
An on-line video explaining the modified in-person worship will soon be available. We will give you a link as soon as we have it or you can check the website to see when it it uploaded.
Also of note: the nursery will not be open when the limited service resumes for sanitation reasons.
Thank you to all of you that have been mailing in your offerings.
To keep up with your offerings: they can be mailed to St. John at 200 S. Main St, Charles City, IA 50616
or to sign up for Simply Giving, click on this link for a printable form:
Something new: At the St. John website there is now a tab for Digital Simply Giving. In other words you can donate on-line.
To get to the church website, click at the top of this page on the St. John Evangelical Lutheran Church logo.
Other emails are available on the website.
To call the church (641)228-339
FYI: Bishop Ullestad has retired and we have a new interim bishop, ANDREA DEGROOT-NESDAHL