As a friend of KCSL, I want to update you on our response to COVID-19. The following plans are effective as of Monday, March 23:
- All KCSL offices are closed to the public with limited exceptions for our Juvenile Intake and Assessment Services (JIAS) in Topeka and ongoing construction at our Wichita office.
- Most of our program staff are working from home and will continue to serve families virtually. Staff have access to their respective buildings only when necessary and while maintaining social distancing. Essential staff, those who work to ensure we continue to receive funding, will resume working in our offices with the possibility of limited hours.
- Due to a mandatory stay-at-home order for Kansas City metro area, our Overland Park office is the exception to this plan. As of Tuesday, March 24, all KCSL employees in the Kansas City Metro area will stay home with no access to the office building for at least 30 days.
- All KCSL home visitors and case managers continue to serve families through virtual home visits.
- When necessary, JIAS staff will be available to law enforcement at our physical premises within 20 minutes of a phone call. Otherwise, they will work from home.
- Outpatient Mental Health (OMH) therapy services in Wichita will be provided temporarily via telehealth. Some OMH staff will be available to provide prescription curbside pick-up for a few remaining medication management patients.
- All KCSL Head Start and Early Head Start center-based classrooms are closed. We will reassess this decision every two weeks and remain in contact with parents virtually during this time.
- All in-person events, meetings, trainings and any other appointments have been cancelled at this time. We will work to reschedule some while others will move to a virtual space.
All plans will be reviewed biweekly or sooner based on new information received. We will keep you updated as we move forward. Follow our Facebook page for more frequent news.
Thank you to our staff who have remained positive and thoughtful of the children and families we serve. We greatly appreciate our volunteers, donors, community partners and all who continue to support us during this uncertain time.
Be safe and stay healthy,