Like us, we're sure you are being inundated with communications about COVID-19. We have refrained from adding to the flood of communication but we’ve recently received some questions about our services and capabilities, so we wanted to provide you with an update.
For more than 50 years, Delta Dental of Virginia has worked to protect and improve the health of the people and communities we serve. That commitment is as true today as ever. We are taking every precaution to protect the health and safety of our providers, customers, brokers, members, employees and communities. At the same time, we are doing all we can to maintain the level of service our customers and providers have come to expect from us.
We are in continuous contact with the state, the VDA, the ADA and other Delta Dental member companies to understand the situation and all options for business continuity. Our executive team is meeting on a daily basis to monitor the news, governmental directives and CDC guidance, and to assess any needed changes to our approach. Delta Dental’s current approach to COVID-19 is to 1) protect people, 2) facilitate remote services, and 3) remain flexible in our responses. To those ends, we have taken the following steps:
- Eliminated almost all business travel and in-person meetings.
- Purchased additional computers, phones and licenses to facilitate more work-from-home solutions.
- Stress-tested our system to confirm that it can handle increased remote access without jeopardizing speed, accuracy or data security.
- Facilitated greater social distancing in our call center to create a safer work environment for those not working remotely.
- Communicated to our member dentists about CDC guidance relating to patient and provider safety.
We are also looking for ways to:
- Provide resources to our groups and members about oral health as it relates to periods of home confinement.
- Explore opportunities to provide support to our network providers and their teams, both directly as well as in partnership with the Virginia Dental Association and its component societies.
At this point, and with these processes in place, we are confident in our ability to maintain responsive customer service and accurate and timely claims processing. While no one can predict what is around the corner, we have invested a great deal of resources toward ensuring that we have the capabilities to conduct business during times of crisis.
If you have an alternate email or phone number that you would like for us to use to contact you during this time, please send it to us at
. Feel free to send any questions or concerns you may have to that email, as well.
We will keep you informed if our plans or solutions change. We know you are dealing with many of the same issues, so we wish you and your employees good health and continued success.