With your help this past year, True North Aid reached more than 20 Indigenous communities throughout Canada. Some highlights of how you helped to provide meaningful aid include:
- More than 20,000 lbs of aid supplies were collected and delivered to more than five communities in northern Saskatchewan and Ontario;
- More than $100,000 in basic medical supplies donated, cleaned and sent to six First Nations communities in Northwestern Ontario and
- Two successful Hockey Cares Exchanges with Indigenous and non-Indigenous youth, building relationships, enhancing cultural learning and playing hockey!
more than 60% of Indigenous children living below the poverty line
and hundreds of Indigenous communities that require support, there is so much more work to be done. Our First Peoples living in northern communities need your partnership and support. Throughout these communities, many are asking:
- Should I have to pay more than $15 for a jug of orange juice?
- Should I be able to drink the water that comes from my tap?
- Should I have the right to go to school and grow up to be whatever I want?
- Should I be able to see a doctor or dentist when I need one?
Sadly, for many northern communities, this is a daily reality.
THIS IS CANADA
, and this is unacceptable.
True North Aid is dedicated to serving and supporting northern communities with practical assistance and
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
This holiday season, would you come alongside to serve and support our First Peoples. Please partner with us to help alleviate poverty and undernutrition, build relationships, provide opportunities, increase access to basic health services and provide clean water throughout Canada.
Through all our collective efforts we can make a difference.
On behalf of the True North Aid Team, Meegwetch (thank you),