As concern about the COVID-19 outbreak continues to grow, the Town of Cornelius is taking proactive steps to help keep our community safe. The safety and well-being of everyone who visits our PARC facilities are always our primary concerns. In light of the current situation and following federal, state and local direction, here is what we are currently doing to play our part in keeping you and our staff healthy:
All Organized PARC Programming is Canceled Until April 5 or Delayed Until After April 5:
- A Morning With the Easter Bunny at the Cornelius Arts Center on April 3 is canceled
- Hop Into Spring at Robbins Park on April 4 is canceled
- Hot Shots Challenge Basketball at Bailey Road Recreation Center on March 21 is canceled
- Westmoreland Athletic Complex baseball/softball tournaments are canceled through April 5
- Adult Softball spring league season start will be delayed until April 7
- Beginner Pickleball Lessons will be delayed until April 8
- Charlotte Independence has delayed further play through April 1
- Lake Norman Little League has delayed further play through April 5
- Xtreme Lacrosse has delayed further play through April 5
- More of our partner organizations may follow suit and will communicate directly with their participants
- Walk with a Doc at Antiquity Greenway on April 4 is canceled
- Bailey Road and JV Washam Recreation Centers’ programming is canceled, including both fee-based (SKWOD Fit Camp, Tai Chi, Cardio Funk, and Cornelius Youth Orchestras) and free/open gym programming (Adult Basketball and Senior Pickleball) provided at these centers
- Town Hall recreation programming is canceled, including Lake Norman Bridge Club, Tai Chi, and Senior Fit Club
- All remaining classes of the Spring A arts programs currently underway at the Cornelius Arts Center are canceled
- Students may pick up unfinished artwork and personal supplies on Monday, March 16, from 9 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.; Tuesday March 17, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.: and Wednesday, March 18, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Ceramic artwork ready for firing will be processed and students will be advised on when these items will be ready for pick up
Crediting Your Account for Canceled Programs
Program participants will receive a pro rata credit to their account for any unused portion of programming that has been canceled for the current session. For example, if a program costs $100 and half the program has been completed then the participant will receive a $50 credit to their account, which is good for any other future program registration.
Parks & Greenways Are Open!!!
Though our programming is taking a hiatus, you can still enjoy our wonderful parks and their wide-open spaces. In fact, many health experts recommend people get outdoors to relax and alleviate stress during this difficult time. Ample open spaces within our parks allow you to maintain the recommended “social distancing”. Visit these web pages to find more information, including the locations of our
Cleaning & Sanitizing
Our park maintenance staff already do an exceptional job of keeping our facilities safe and clean. Out of an abundance of caution, we have implemented additional steps to more thoroughly sanitize our park restroom facilities. A more appropriate EPA-approved disinfectant is now being used to clean our park restroom facilities with even more focus on high-touch areas such as door handles, faucet handles, and flush valves.
As we have heard from the CDC, people need to continually wash their hands. After spending time in our parks, please wash your hands before you leave. Our park restrooms are stocked with soap dispensers and touch-free hand dryers for your convenience.