Many of you have already renewed your GardenComm membership for 2022. If you have; THANK YOU! You can access your press pass under the resources tab of gardencomm.org.
If you haven’t renewed, or you’re thinking of joining, please consider this a personal invitation from me to become a part of GardenComm. It’s an opportunity to connect with others who are passionate about plants and communicate their love for plants and gardening products in a variety of mediums from all corners of the globe.
Here's what I get out of being a Garden Comm Member. What motivates you?
- Expand your sphere of influence; meet like-minded people who graciously share their knowledge with you.
- Be the first to know about new plants and products.
- Access to online and in-person regional meetings, educational events (webinars), green industry trade shows and more. Educational events are tailored to help attendees be better communicators, hone their craft or learn new ones and also to be better business people. Many registration fees are discounted for members.
- Attend the annual national conference, be it virtually or in-person – for educational sessions, tours of private gardens, meet with editors and publishers to pitch your book or article ideas; opportunities you won’t get at other events! Members received discounted registration fees.
- GardenCommm Media Awards are the only national online media awards program for the gardening communications industry; members receive a discounted entry rate.
- Volunteer opportunities to help set the direction of GardenComm and allow you network with some of the best people and companies involved in the green industry.
And these are just a few of my favorite things about the GardenComm community!
As we head towards spring, it will usher in a rebirth for GardenComm as our new management team takes over on March 1st. I know you’ll want to be a part of the organization that will help you grow professionally as a garden communicator. The extra added bonus is making friends that will last a lifetime!
What are your plant communication goals for 2022 and how can GardenComm help you achieve them? If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.