Dear Kansas Action for Children supporter:
The country and state of Kansas are experiencing uncertain and difficult times right now. The spread of the new coronavirus has created new challenges, both practical and emotional, for our work. We are committed to the children and families of Kansas, and we are also committed to our team members, partners, and the stakeholders who make this work possible.
While we may be working from home offices for now, our dedication will not waver. We pledge to you that:
- We will lift up the needs of those marginalized Kansans who face disproportionate risk right now because of lack of child care, paid family leave, adequate medical care, or family supports.
- We will stay informed and share thoroughly verified, accurate information in order to fight misinformation and fear-mongering.
- We will reach out more than ever, because we know that so many of you are sheltering at home, perhaps with children, and you want to know how to make a difference.
So what can you do right now? Here are three ways that you can step up to help from the comfort of your own, socially distanced home.
- Add your name to our petition standing with Kansas children and families. We'll occasionally contact you with opportunities to tell lawmakers to put kids first. We need your voice more than ever.
- Sign up updates and information from KAC. We create news updates, action alerts, blog entries, and a variety of other content. We promise to keep you up to date in the weeks ahead.
- Browse our compilation of activities to share with your children as they're home from school.
We know the road ahead will be challenging. To stay up to date on the virus in Kansas, we recommend following the Kansas Department of Health and Environment's
COVID-19 resource center
. If you have questions or concerns for the KAC team, please contact us at
Together, we will continue our work to make Kansas the best state in the nation to raise - and be - a child.
-- The Kansas Action for Children team (pictured below, via Zoom.)