We believe you will find invaluable information from this session presented by Robert Keebler, CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished), CGMA. Robert is a partner with Keebler & Associates, LLP and the current chairman of the AICPA Advanced Estate Planning Conference. In 2007 he was inducted into the Estate Planning Hall of Fame of National Association of Estate Planners & Councils. He has also been named by CPA Magazine as one of the Top 100 Most Influential Practitioners in the United States and one of the Top 40 Tax Advisors to Know During a Recession.
About the presentation: Join us on January 31st for an invaluable webinar presentation from Robert Keebler, CPA/PFS, MST, AEP when he will review changes and their nuances as a result of the passage of SECURE 2.0. Your registration fee will include a copy of the presenter's PowerPoint slides shared during the presentation.
Soon after the SECURE Act passed in 2019, ideas for more retirement account improvements began to circulate. By late 2020, the financial media was excitedly reporting what was in the new legislation. Finally, with the year-end omnibus the EARN Act (aka SECURE 2.0) will become law.
The new legislation includes many new tax-incentives that financial planners, accountants, and many lawyers must understand. The opportunities to help clients and increase sales are meaningful.
Specifically, this webinar will cover the following pieces of the legislation:
- Changes to the Saver’s Credit
- Required beginning date increase
- Catch-up limit indexing
- Higher retirement plan catch-ups
- Matching for student loan payments
- Withdrawals for emergency expenses, hardships, domestic abuse, and terminal illness
- SIMPLE Plan contribution limits
- SEPs for domestic workers
- Able account improvements
- 529 to Roth rollovers
- Removing RMD barriers to life annuities
- QLAC increase
- Reducing the failed RMD penalty
- A retirement plan lost and found
- IRA mistake resolution
- One-time CRT QCD
- Repayment of birth & adoption distributions
- Adding an statute of limitations on IRA excise taxes
- Easing the punitive nature of the PT rules
- SEPP clarifications
- Removing excise taxes on certain corrective distributions
- Specific treasury guidance on rollovers
- Elimination of Roth 401k RMDs
- Permanent disaster relief distribution rules
- Incentives to buy long-term care insurance
- Fixes for IRAs payable to SNTs
- Limiting certain contributions to non-deductible Roth contributions
- Adding a Roth employer match
- Curtailing charitable easement deduction abuses
- And more!
About the presenter: Robert S. Keebler, CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished) is a partner with Keebler & Associates, LLP and is a 2007 recipient of the prestigious Accredited Estate Planners (Distinguished) award from the National Association of Estate Planners & Councils. He has been named by CPA Magazine as one of the Top 100 Most Influential Practitioners in the United States and one of the Top 40 Tax Advisors to Know During a Recession. His practice includes family wealth transfer and preservation planning, charitable giving, retirement distribution planning, and estate administration. Mr. Keebler frequently represents clients before the National Office of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) in the private letter ruling process and in estate, gift and income tax examinations and appeals, and he has received more than 250 favorable private letter rulings including several key rulings of “first impression.” He is the author of over 100 articles and columns and is the editor, author or co-author of many books and treatises on wealth transfer and taxation. Mr. Keebler has been a speaker at national estate planning and tax seminars for over 25 years including the AICPA’s: Estate Planning, High Income, Advanced Financial Planning Conferences, ABA Conferences, NAPEC Conferences, The Notre Dame Estate Planning Conference and the Heckerling Estate Planning Institute. He also served as chair of the AICPA’s Advanced Estate Planning Conference from 2014-2020.