Peggy Brekveld, Secretary
Peggy is a leader in the Ontario agriculture industry, she is currently on the executive committee of the AAC board, and vice president of the Ontario Federation of Agriculture (OFA).
For almost four years, Peggy has been one of two General Farm Interest sector representatives on the AAC board and she is the secretary on the executive committee. With Peggy’s background as a northern Ontario dairy farmer and an OFA director, she brings an exceptional blend of knowledge and passion for the industry to the board table.
Peggy and her husband Gert own and operate Woodstar Farm, a 70-cow dairy operation located in Murillo. She enjoys promoting the importance of agriculture and local food to provincial politicians, municipalities, students and other community groups.
We have asked a few questions to learn more about Peggy,
to read her responses:
- What do you enjoy most about being on the AAC board?
- What advice do you have for young leaders who are interested in getting involved on a board?
- What unique perspective do you feel you bring to the board table as a producer from northern Ontario?
- What excites you the most about the future of the agriculture and agri-food industry in Ontario?
- What is your favourite activity to do with your family in your community?