JOB TITLE: Associate Director - Destination Services
SALARY RANGE: $ $60,412 - $102,708
OPENING DATE: July 25, 2018
CLOSING DATE: UNTIL POSITION IS FILLED
WORK HOURS: 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
JOB SUMMARY: Exercises functional supervision and development training for staff. Serves as the liaison between meeting professionals, Visit San Antonio and partners. Consults and analyzes planner’s service needs in order to determine business opportunities for partners. Promotes attendance and coordinates marketing needs. Creates opportunities for housing and temporary event staff of Visit San Antonio. Manages higher-profile groups; serves as back-up to Director; represents Destinations Services and Visit San Antonio on various committees and presentations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Assists director with tracking definite meetings and assigning groups to Destination Services Managers. Reviews status of each subordinates assigned group on a regular basis. Attend and or facilitate pre-con and post-con meetings;
* Acts as a liaison between hotel community, facilities, local purveyors and meeting professionals;
* Supervises, trains and develops Destination Service Mangers and Coordinators;
* Assist director with enhancements of website;
* Able to assess and prioritize workloads;
* Maintain total account management of meeting/groups including consistent implementation of the CRM system and all required documentation. Enter all notes with specific details of activities and associated documents;
* Reviews, compiles and completes post-convention reports in a timely manner;
* Work with housing department/third-party and maintain knowledge of housing status;
* Assist destination services with small group service needs to include call in and walk-ins, to be split between director, managers, and coordinators;
* Coordinate and conduct site visits for assigned groups and assists division with site visits as needed;
* Continual communication between director and sales managers as to the status of each account;
* Excellent communication with Visit San Antonio, Henry B. González Convention Center and RK Culinary Group is mandatory to ensure proper convention support is provided;
* Deliver destination service presentations to groups, both local and national, including welcome presentations to groups on an as needed basis;
* Maintain knowledge of temporary event staffing needs and coordinate same with Visit San Antonio staff;
* Maintain knowledge of present and future event venues; hotels, City of San Antonio and the Henry B. González Convention Center;
* Maintain knowledge of all promotional materials available to groups;
* Assist director with special projects and service programs as needed;
* Maintain good relationship with partner companies and familiarize him/herself with services available. Maintain a good referral system;
* Attend promotional/industry trips as determined by Destination Services Director;
* Assist with partner orientations and seminar presentations as necessary;
* Performs other projects as assigned;
* Perform all basic clerical tasks as needed.
* Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
* Minimum four (4) years account management/customer service experience.
* Accomplished experience in planning organizational events both small and large scale.
* Membership based organization, hotel, tourism and/or hospitality industry experience is a plus.
*Minimum two (2) years of supervising staff.
*Valid Class 'C' Texas Driver's License
* Certifications: CMP, CEM
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Functional knowledge and experience in areas of customer service; customer relationship building internally and externally;
* Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing;
* Proof reading and grammar skills;
* Solid knowledge of San Antonio and ability to confidently promote the city required;
* Persuasive negotiation skills;
* Ability to work collaboratively;
* Strong interpersonal skills, maturity, good judgment and be capable of communicating in a professional manner with a diverse range of individuals; maintain professional presence;
* Highly-motivated self-starter;
* Proven problem analysis and resolution skills; exceptional analytical skills;
* Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously;
* Efficient and proven organizational skills; detail oriented;
* Proficient technology application skills; Advanced MS Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint), MS Outlook, Internet Explorer & Client Management software. Adobe Illustrator is a plus;
* Prior experience in a Customer Relationship Management System is a plus;
* Reliable, dependable, flexible and responsive; ability to work outside of normal work schedule as needed/directed;
* Ability to travel locally and domestically;
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure documents. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or partners.
* If selected for this position, official transcripts, diplomas, certifications and licenses must be submitted at the time of processing. Unofficial transcripts and copies of other relevant documents may be attached to the application for consideration in advance.
* Please be advised that if selected for this position, information regarding employment history as it relates to the qualifications of this position will be needed for employment verification. Applicants claiming military service to meet the experience requirement for this position may attach a DD214 to the application.
* Applicants selected for employment with Visit San Antonio in this position must receive satisfactory results from pre-employment drug testing and background checks. If required for the position, a physical, motor vehicle record evaluation, and additional background checks may be conducted.
Physical requirements include occasional lifting, carrying of 25 pounds; visual acuity, speech and hearing; hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to operate a computer keyboard and basic office equipment. Subject to sitting, standing, reaching walking, twisting and kneeling to perform the essential functions. Working conditions are primarily inside an office environment but may require evening and/or weekend activities with some traveling required. The employee is required to stand and walk at times for long periods of time.
To apply for this position, please send your application, resume, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org