Sales and Catering Manager Job Description
Paradigm Management Group
To increase hotel revenue by assisting in the development and implementation of solicitation programs in line with hotel financial objectives and targets. Generates business from the market segments in assigned territory. Coordinates details and menus for clients’ functions and maintains budgeted revenues while controlling expenditures. Responsible for clerical, administrative, marketing materials, and other duties to assist the smooth operation of Sales and Catering. He / She is responsible for running the sales office while the Director of Sales is out on calls.
: Director of Sales
Both on and off site of hotel property
· Staff in catering and banquets
· F&B Services
· Front desk
· Executive Offices
· Hotel Guests/Visitors
· High School Graduate or equivalent
· Knowledge of various food service styles
· Knowledge of menu development
· Compute basic arithmetic
· Familiarity with food and beverage cost control
· Familiarity with Sales and Marketing tools
· Strong managerial and supervisory skills
· Communicate in a clearly and affectively with guests, clients, and co-workers in both written and verbal forms
· Prioritize and Organize
· Desire to understand guests’ service needs
· Willing to direct performance of staff and follow up with corrections when needed
· Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgement
· Previous guest relations
· Computer software and programs (excel, power point, Opera, etc.)
· Previous experience in hospitality industry
· Familiarity with statistical reports
· Previous experience in food service
· Ability to input and access information in the property management system
Essential Physical Abilities:
· Exert physical effort in transporting
· Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas.
· Remain in stationary position for minutes/hours throughout work shift.
· Flexible and long hours sometimes required
· Satisfactorily communicate with guests, management, and co-workers to their understanding.
Essential Job Functions:
1.Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
2. Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
3. Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly, and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
4.Maintain positive guest relations always.
5. Be familiar with all Hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
6. Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
7. Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned work areas.
8. Meet weekly with Catering staff to review status of business, schedules, priority assignments, bookings, and all information pertinent to the department operation.
9. Direct and monitor the performance of Catering staff, ensuring that all procedures are followed. Correct any deficiencies with respective personnel.
10. Organize and delegate traces for follow-up; be familiar with status of each.
11. Review Banquet sales and resolve discrepancies with Accounting. Track revenue against budget.
12. Review Banquet checks for functions; ensure accuracy of charges and presence of guest signature. Resolve discrepancies
13. Establish and maintain active working partnerships with the sales & reservations departments of key Travel Partners.
14. Initiate and implement sales promotional programs with travel partners
15. Broaden productive client base and increase awareness of hotel.
16. Conduct personalized sales campaigns within designated territory to promote the hotels, programs, packages, and special promotions.
17. Coordinate and participate in trade shows/seminars aimed at hotel target markets.
18. Maximize exposure through creative promotion both during and pre/post event.
19. Aggressively solicit and follow up on leads generated.
20. Actively participate in key trade and business associations to generate business leads and increase hotel visibility
21. Answer telephones and email messages. Respond accordingly
22. Prepare banquet event orders (BEO) as per client needs for catering
23.Prepare group rate agreements
24. Enter group blocks and rooming lists when provided
25. Attend meetings/training as required by management