- 16 ounces gluten-free elbow macaroni
- 16 ounces cremini or white button mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1.5 cups Vegan Cheddar Cheese shreds (Vio Life, Daiya, So Delicious)
- 1/2 cup gluten-free bread crumbs
- 1.5 cup raw cashews (soaked for 2 to 24 hours)
Juice of one a lemon (3 tablespoons)
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1.5 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk
1. Cook macaroni per instructions on box (cook al dente).
2. Put cheese sauce ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
3. Pour cheese sauce over pasta and mix until well incorporated.
4. Mix in 1 cup vegan cheese shreds and chopped mushrooms until well incorporated.
5. Oil or spray a baking dish with coconut oil. Add contents to baking dish.
6. Top with ½ cup of vegan cheese shreds and optional bread crumbs.
7. Bake for 15 minutes at 375 degrees until cheese has melted.