In preparation for the annual report that will be available at the 2023 ABRF Meeting, I am reminded and excited by the tremendous breadth of achievements that our members have accomplished towards our 2022-24 Strategic Plan.
As a reminder, we recently drafted a new strategic plan aimed at growing our organization by Defining Excellence for Shared Scientific Resources Worldwide. The framework of the strategic plan was built the basic values of our members that include:
- Advancing the integration of technologies, education, communication, and reproducible research in the operations of cores,
- Supporting best practices, research excellence and reproducibility in scientific discover, and
- Continuing to be a welcoming, collaborative community that cultivates inclusion, professional development, and technological innovation.
Four main goals, with strategies to achieve these goals, were developed. These goals include:
1. recognize expertise in core facilities,
2. build a diverse, inclusive, and collaborative community,
3. collaborate with partners in team science; and
4. enhance fiscal sustainability through revenue diversification and positive financial results.
While there are too many accomplishments to list, this year’s Program Committee, chaired by Andrew Vinard, has put together an outstanding program that captures many of our members’ achievements and will be presented at the 2023 ABRF Meeting in Boston on May 7-10. Also, many of this year’s events that occurred at chapter meetings, Town Halls and educational workshops can be found on the ABRF YouTube Channel. Please note, that the ABRF YouTube channel contains over 50 videos that capture content from some of our previous meetings and events.
I look forward to seeing everyone in Boston to celebrate the tremendous achievements of our society!