Weekly chamber call
The ACC will host our weekly update call with chambers
tomorrow, June 30 at 10 a.m.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 899 1813 4836
One tap mobile
Dial by your location
+1 778 907 2071 Canada
+1 438 809 7799 Canada
+1 587 328 1099 Canada
+1 647 374 4685 Canada
+1 647 558 0588 Canada
Meeting ID: 899 1813 4836
Bill 23 discussion with Minister Tanya Fir
Economic Development Minister Tanya Fir is holding a discussion on the Commercial Tenancies Protection Act (
) on June 30, 2020 from 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. (MT).
Toll-free dial-in number: 1-866-792-1317
Conference ID: 6106045
- Are there other areas in the proposed Act you would suggest government consider to protect tenants?
- Is 25 per cent decrease in revenue too inclusive? If so, what alternative would you suggest and why?
- Currently the government is not contemplating incorporating maximum or minimum revenue thresholds. What are your views on these parameters?
- Are there any other areas of the Act that would would suggest government consider?
Alberta's Recovery Plan
Alberta’s Recovery Plan
details the province’s economic strategy, including a record $10-billion investment in infrastructure and a plan for 50,000 jobs this year.
ACC applauds Alberta recovery plan
Following today's release of the Government of Alberta's recovery plan, Alberta Chambers of Commerce President and CEO Ken Kobly is voicing his support for the initiative. Read the
Relaunch grant to help businesses recover
Small and Medium Enterprise Relaunch Grant
offers financial assistance to Alberta businesses, cooperatives, and non-profit organizations that faced restrictions or closures from public health orders, and experienced a revenue loss of at least 50 per cent due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Eligible job creators can apply for up to $5,000 through this program.
The ACC is communicating with the Government of Alberta regarding organizations incorporated under the Board of Trade Act.
Application intake days by region are as follows:
June 29, 2020: North (excludes major centers)
June 30, 2020: South (excludes major centers)
July 1, 2020: Urban (Grand Prairie, Fort Mac, Cold Lake, Lloydminster, Leduc, Wetaskawin, Camrose, Red Deer, Medicine Hat, Lethbridge)
July 2, 2020: Calgary
July 3, 2020: Edmonton
July 4, 2020 onwards: Anyone may apply at any time until the program closes
Fund to help Indigenous community-owned businesses
Aboriginal Business Investment Fund (ABIF)
will provide eligible Indigenous community-owned businesses with up to $500,000 in funding for ventures that demonstrate social and economic benefits for their communities.
Supporting the growth of western Canada business
Until now, Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan and Manitoba had separate processes and systems for corporations and limited partnerships to complete their extra-provincial business registrations and maintenance filings. On June 27, the four provinces were the first to implement the online
Multi-jurisdictional Registry Access Service (MRAS)
, a hub that allows corporate information sharing between the provinces, making extra-provincial registration faster and easier.
ACC presentation to Alberta Government
Last week, the Alberta Chambers of Commerce presented our network's red tape reduction recommendations to Government of Alberta representatives across various ministries (see the
). The Government of Alberta also prepared a
of the presentation.
Recipients revealed: Canadian Business Resilience Network Small Business Relief Fund
Today, the Canadian Chamber
the 62 recipients who were each awarded a $10,000 lifeline to help their small business recover and prosper beyond this pandemic through the Canadian Business Resilience Network Small Business Relief Fund. The fund was managed by the Canadian Chamber of Commerce and made possible through the generosity of Salesforce.
Below is a list of Alberta
and their local chambers. Congratulations!
- Summit Psychology Inc — Innisfail & District Chamber of Commerce
- Ripple Group — Calgary Chamber of Commerce
- Joe Social Media Inc. — Lacombe & District Chamber of Commerce
- Dan The Stickman Ltd. — McLennan & District Chamber of Commerce
- Old Iron Horse Restaurant and Lounge — Ponoka & District Chamber of Commerce
- A-Tech NDT Limited — Whitecourt & District Chamber of Commerce
- The Natural Path Clinic — Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business
- Britt Resource Ltd. o/q/BRITT Land & Engagement — Calgary Chamber of Commerce
- Honkers Pub & Eatery Ltd. — Lethbridge Chamber of Commerce
- Lube Town — Okotoks & District Chamber of Commerce