As we welcome fall, I extend greetings to everyone and hope you are all safe and well as we continue navigating through the pandemic. We at The Asian Chamber of Commerce have been gearing up for our annual Business Conference and Expo, which this year will take place virtually over two weeks in October. Last year, the event was held at the Greater Houston Partnership for a sold out one-day event. This year, we have expanded the Business Conference to four days in October as we include engaging, interactive sessions to offer more resources in helping your business pivot into the new normal.
This year’s theme “Driving New Business Beyond Borders” will provide essential business tools as well as cover topics of trade both locally and globally. We are excited to move to a highly interactive online platform offering a main keynote stage, breakout sessions, an interactive expo and opportunities of structured and informal networking.
Each year the Asian Chamber of Commerce hosts a business conference focusing on education and provide opportunities of trade through workshops, roundtable conversations and a business expo. We encourage regional businesses looking at growing their business to attend.
** Current ACC Members will be receiving a promotion code for a special discounted ticket price. Please check your email in the coming days for the code.
Topics & Dates: Business Tools (Week 1) - Oct 7 & 8 | Trade (Week 2) - Oct 14 & 15
Venue: Virtual Online Platform
Expected Attendance: 500+ People | Over 50 Exhibitors
Each Day – Main Session, Breakout Sessions, Interactive Expo & Networking
Our featured speakers include Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner, Bob Harvey (Greater Houston Partnership), Patrick Jankowski (Greater Houston Partnership), Tim Jeffcoat (Small Business Administration). We will also have a session with representatives from Asian Consulate Generals for those seeking trade opportunities with Asian countries. More speakers and presenters will be announced in the coming weeks.
WHAT PARTICIPANTS WILL GET OUT OF THE BUSINESS CONFERENCE
- Understand how to do business and develop business relationships with corporations and government agencies
- Hear from Asian business owners on how certifications made a difference
- Develop strategic connections and broaden professional relationships
- Engage with business owners and representatives of Chambers of Commerce
- Understand the global and local perspective of the changing trade landscape
- Grow their enterprise by hearing executives discuss strategic planning and entrepreneurship
- Future of E-Commerce
- Keeping Up with Accounting/Tax Laws
- Understanding the new Supply Chain Channels
- Redefine Your Marketing / Sales Objectives
- Manage Your Finance and Opportunities for Capital
- Learn the New Technology / AI Tools
- Get Legal Advice on Managing Labor and Protecting Intellectual Property
- Look at Positioning Your Company for Merger and Acquisition
- Understanding Public Relations and Navigating the Press
- Manage Human Resource and Grow a Strong Workforce
- Insuring the Wellness and Health of your employees
- Creating a Diversity and Inclusion Policy and Enacting Change
I hope you will consider participating in this wonderful opportunity to connect with Asian-owned businesses and those doing business with the Asian community both in the Greater Houston area and globally. Please support the Asian Chamber’s mission of developing opportunities of trade and I looking forward to seeing you there!
Asian Chamber of Commerce, Board Chair