Congratulations to ACDS accredited organizations
CET Accreditation Level 2 for Adults with Developmental Disabilities
Level 2 service providers are recognized by the Community Disability Services (CDS) sector for their innovative and creative approaches to delivering quality services to individuals with development disabilities. These service providers have demonstrated a higher level of excellence than required for basic accreditation and can be proud to use Accreditation Level 2 as the benchmark that individuals accessing service deserve.
Key Support Services Inc.
Key Support Services (KSS) achieved Accreditation Level 2 following its survey in April 2019. The services accredited are its Overnight Residences and its Community Access. The "Key" in KSS is to show how its services unlock barriers for individuals with developmental disabilities as well as for the people who provide the supports. Providing the right services to the right person at the right time is also "Key."
KSS is commended for:
- taking a leap forward and purchasing homes in suitable neighbourhoods where individuals become part of their communities.
- purchasing and renovating a new administration building that is much more suitable for the organization and where the individuals and guardians can proudly identify with their service provider.
- having a governance structure that includes opportunities for growth and development, including research in housing projects (as this has a direct benefit for individuals).
Edmonton Integrated Services Ltd.
Edmonton Integrated Services (EIS) met Accreditation Level 2, the Complex Support Needs Designation, and Respite for Children and Adults with Disabilities following its survey in April 2019. EIS' Shared Living Program, Support Home Program, Community Access, SIL (CSPE Program) and Respite Services are the services accredited.
EIS' accomplishments include:
- its Opportunities Committee, which is made up of individuals accessing service who meet to discuss how to give back to the community.
- its support of cultural diversity by involving an Aboriginal elder to assist with development of planned approaches for individuals who have an aboriginal background and by sending staff to an Intercultural Specialist workshop.
KSS is commended for:
- the quality and presentation of the employee files. The survey team reports that they have never seen employee files so well laid out and easy to follow.
The Dove Centre
The Dove Centre reached Accreditation Level 2 after meeting the verification required from its survey in December 2018. The services accredited are its Supported Independent Living, In-home Respite, Community Access, Employment Preparation, and Employment Support.
Dove's accomplishments include several initiatives and annual commitments to support inclusion and cultural diversity (e.g., Harvest Feast, Regional Abilities Awareness Committee, International Day of Persons with Disabilities, Native Friendship Centre).
Dove is commended for:
- offering local school-bus drivers the opportunity to take the organization's Mandt system training to better enable them to serve individuals with behaviours of concern riding the bus.
- encouraging and involving individuals in leadership roles by supporting and providing opportunities for sharing and teaching in their afternoon learning program.
- the commitment and excellent effort that all staff, management and board members who fulfilled the day-to-day operations and future planning of Dove while the CEO was away.
CET Accreditation Level 1 for Adults with Developmental Disabilities
Congratulations to the service providers listed below for attaining CET Accreditation Level 1 in the last quarter. Your accomplishments are highly appreciated by ACDS and the individuals who access your services.
- Bluefox Association
- Excel Society - Calgary (Stand Alone Complex Support Needs)
- Fisher Farm Residential Ltd.
- Horizons Training Centre Society
- The In-Definite Arts (o/a Indefinite Arts Centre)
- Independent Advocacy (2010) Inc.
- Lifestyle Choices Support Society
- MIRA Facilitation Center
- Neighborhood Bridges Ltd.
- New Beginnings Association of Southern Alberta
- Next Step Residential Services (Medicine Hat) Ltd.
- Olds Association for Community Living
- Progressive Alternative Society of Calgary
- Resicare Society of Calgary
- Rocky Support Services Society
- Skills Society
- Transitions Association of St. Albert
- Vantage Enterprises Ltd.
- Westlock Independence Network (WIN)
- Wainwright Association for Community Living