YOUR DAILY NEWSROUND OF AVIATION STORIES IN EUROPE
21 June 2016
The UK needs a global, connected capital city, and Brexit would put all of that at risk
London is a connected, global city - an attractive place to work, do business, and to set up a headquarters. Central to that appeal are its bonds with Europe.
We've always been a trading city, and there are historic reminders of that at London City Airport.
Airport industry reports improving financials, shifting connectivity, but
... warning of disruption
While traffic remains dynamic in 2016, the terrorists attacks in Brussels have taken their toll on passenger demand, with an estimated 2 million passengers lost as a direct result of these attacks. This means a -0.5% impact on cumulative passenger traffic growth since January - which is thus standing at +6.4% instead of +6.9%.
Travel Daily News
"More Europe, not less" needed for security challenges - Airports body
More European cooperation, not less, is needed for Europe to face up to security threats, the head of airports association ACI Europe said on Tuesday with an eye to Britain's referendum on European Union membership on Thursday.
Fraport challenges members of the public to improve the overall airport experience
Airport company Fraport has launched a public competition which seeks ideas on improving the passenger experience at Frankfurt Airport.
The 'Frankfurt Airport Innovation Challenge' is open to all, and ideas must be submitted in either German or English by 28 June.
The Moodie Davitt Report
SITA's passenger services system to manage Sky Prime VIP flight service
Saudi Arabia-based Sky Prime Aviation Services has selected global IT provider SITA's latest passenger services system (PSS) to handle its new VIP flight service for premium passengers.
Dufry opens extended new Basel Euroshop
Dufry and EuroAirport Basel-Mulhouse-Freiburg yesterday inaugurated the retailer's main travel retail walk-thought store in the centre of its commercial space at EuroAirport - post security and just prior to the boarding area. - See more at: http://www.trbusiness.com/regional-news/europe/dufry-opens-extended-new-basel-euroshop/106512#sthash.Silp8Tiw.dpuf
Travel Retail Business