Happy New Year and welcome to the January 2020 edition of the ACIC Private Notes Newsletter!
We hope you had a relaxing holiday season with family and friends and we look forward to what is sure to be another exciting and interactive year for the American College of Investment Counsel (the College).
This edition brings you:
- A message from our new President, Tony Yager (Chapman and Cutler LLP);
- An introduction to the new ACIC Website, prepared by the ACIC Website Co-Chairs (Melody R. Cross (Prudential) , Michael Fierro (Prudential), Tom O'Connor (Morgan Lewis LLP) and Ermelinda Villagomez (Mayer Brown LLP);
- Recent legal developments from Canada, prepared by Danielle L. Maksimow (Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP);
- Recent legal developments from United Kingdom, prepared by Tom Bannister (Akin Gump LLP); and
- Extraordinary news that My Chi To, former ACIC Trustee and current ACIC fellow, was named Executive Deputy Superintendent of Insurance at the Department of Financial Services in New York