God's Big Story
Psalm 119: 89-90
Your word, Lord, is eternal, it stands firm in the heavens. Your faithfulness continues through all generations; you established the earth and it endures.
13 Kristina Moelker 5K - more info below
18 School Board Meeting, 7pm
15 School Board Meeting, 7pm
27 Golf Outing - more info below
- Tuition Assistance for 2020-21 ACS participates in FACTS, a grant application program for our school. Completion of the FACTS application is a requirement for next year's enrollment if you are expecting a remaining balance at the end of the school year or you will be requesting tuition assistance. Families who wish to apply for tuition assistance will need to use the FACTS application format online at https://online.factsmgt.com/signin/3Z45H.Â Parents who have children in more than one of the participating schools need only to fill out the application one time-the information will be available to other Christian schools where their children attend. The application fee will be paid by the participating schools.
Due to the growth of the 3-year-old preschool program
, we have opened another section of 3's preschool on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons. If you are interested in 3's preschool at ACS, or know someone that might be, please inform them of the new new class. For an enrollment form, please click here ->
Preschool Enrollment Form
Employment Opportunities at ACS
We are seeking applicants for a
full-time 5th grade position
for the 2020-2021 school year.
We are seeking
for the three classes listed below. Ideally, the same candidate would be available to aide in all three of the classes (if not, we would hire an additional aide)
- Monday and Wednesday 4's preschool (8:35-11:20am)
- Monday and Wednesday 3's preschool (12:35-3:05pm)
- Tuesday and Thursday 3's preschool (12:35-3:05pm)
Attached is a link to the ACS teachers who are available for tutoring this summer. Please contact them if you are interested.
Summer Tutor List
Annual Golf Outing
Allendale Christian School is partnering with AnchorPoint Christian School for a second year in hosting the annual golf outing (4 person scramble) on Saturday, June 27, 2020. The goal is to raise money in order to lower tuition for
. We request your participation in this event (Save the Date! forms to come soon!). It’s bound to be a great event for all and we welcome you to join us for a day of good golf, food, and fun!
Revised Kristina Moelker 5K - May 13
With our 5K being cancelled this year, we invite all ACS families to join together as a community. Wear a past 5K shirt or an ACS theme shirt and get outdoors by yourself or as a family from 7-7:30. You might decide to walk, jog, bike, rollerblade, or find some other way to be active. While doing this, take some time to give praise to the Lord and then lift up our ACS family in prayer (students, families, teachers/staff, administration/schooloard).
Greenhouse Gift Card Fundraiser
We are already at the halfway point of this years sale! Remember, every gift card sold will earn 15-30% profit for the school! Countryside Greenhouse will donate 15%, W. W. Greenhouses will donate 20%, and Motman's Greenhouses, Kraker Greenhouses, and JW Greenhouses will donate 30%.
Placing an order is quick and easy, just follow these basic steps:
- Fill out this form to place your order: ACS Greenhouse Gift Card Sale
- Submit your payment to PayPal or Venmo using the following links:
- PayPal: PayPal_ACS
- Venmo: Venmo_ACS
- Cash/Check? Please bring to order pick-up. Exact amounts only please!
- Pick-up your order! See below for details!
* Ralph Meyers Trucking, 9585 Lake Michigan Drive during the following business hours: M-F 7am-7pm, Sat. 7am-5pm. Please allow 24hrs from time of order placed to pick-up time.
The PTA Committee Sign-Up will be coming out on Monday, May 11.
This is a great opportunity to get to know and serve next to other ACS families. In order to fill all of our volunteer positions, we ask that each household/family serves on 2 committees (1 if you are a single parent) for the 2020-2021 school year. Please prayerfully consider where God is leading you to serve for the upcoming school year.
Instant Trip is currently cancelled.
We will let you know as soon as it has been rescheduled.
Don't forget your Trash for Cash!
ACS PTA is still accepting Trash for Cash items! We ask that you 'stockpile' your physical items (Family Fare, Our Family, Tyson) until they can be properly turned in/collected. Items that can be donated online, such as Coke and Box Tops, PLEASE take steps to donate these from home since they do expire!
~Family Fare Direct your Dollar receipts
~Our Family (Spartan stores) Brand labels
~Tyson A+ labels/UPC's
~Coke Rewards - PLEASE ENTER ONLINE AND DONATE
Unity Summer Sports Camp Schedule for Students Age 3 – 12
– Due to the current COVID-19 health situation and Governor Whitmer’s executive orders, we have decided to postpone our 2020 Summer Camps. We will not offer any summer camps the weeks of June 8, 15, and 22. We are hoping to offer a revised summer camp schedule and host camps from June 29 – August 7, and will provide a schedule and link to registration starting June 15. This information will be emailed to parents whose children participated in summer camps last year, and can also be found on our website at
under the “Camps and Clinics” tab.
Unity Christian Youth Football Registration
— Unity Christian High School is excited to begin another season of Youth Football for students entering grades 3 – 8 this coming school year! The program begins for 3rd/4
grade teams on August 10 at a cost of $60, and 7
grade teams begin on August 24 at a cost of $80 (plus $20 for all levels if you would like to purchase jersey). Registration is now open for youth football, but we will not be requiring payment until later this summer. Registration can be done online at
, and we would like registration complete by June 30 if at all possible so we can accurately plan for teams. For full details on the program, please go to
. For questions or further information, please contact youth football director Mark TeSlaa at 616-970-3154 or
Middle School Co-Ed Cross Country Team
-- Unity Christian High School will again sponsor a co-ed middle school cross country team this fall for students in 6
grades. This program will begin in mid to late August, and typically there are two practices a week and approximately six meets. Look for registration information and more details later this summer, and on Unity’s website at
under the “More” tab and then “Middle School Sports”. Please feel free to contact Unity’s Athletic Office with any questions you may have at 669-1820 or
Middle School Cross Country Coach Wanted
– Unity Christian has an opening for a Co-Ed Middle School Cross Country Coach. We are searching for someone who has a passion for the Lord, enjoys working with middle school students, and can successfully lead these young runners. This program will begin in mid to late August, and typically there are two practices a week and approximately six meets. If you have any interest or know of someone who might have interest, please contact Unity Christian Athletic Director Jeff Engbers at
for an application.