National Right to Life (NRLC) is strongly urging our U.S. senators to REJECT President Biden's nomination of Xavier Becerra as Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).
"Mr. Becerra's primary qualification seems to be that he is an abortion activist" -- National Right to Life
Becerra's anti-life credentials are TRULY ALARMING!
(Photo: 12 weeks after conception)
From National Right to Life...
[Bacerra's] actions on behalf of a multi-million-dollar industry while attorney general of California include:
• Zealously defending a California law (the “Reproductive FACT Act”) that targeted pregnancy resource centers and forced them to advertise for abortion. The U.S. Supreme Court struck California’s “Reproductive FACT Act.”
• Leading numerous efforts on behalf of attorneys general filing amicus briefs opposing other state’s pro-life laws.
• Joining a pro-abortion coalition of attorneys general in filing an amicus brief in June Medical Services v. Russo that required abortionists to have the same hospital admitting privileges as other surgeons in the state.
• Leading an attack against the Center for Medical Progress (CMP) and its founder David Daleiden, who was responsible for the undercover video series exposing top Planned Parenthood leadership negotiating the harvesting and sale of aborted fetal body parts. CMP brought a lawsuit against California Attorney General Becerra, Planned Parenthood, and then-Senator Kamala Harris “for conspiracy to violate First and Fourteenth Amendment civil rights.” This lawsuit followed a hostile campaign by Mr. Becerra's Office that sought punitive action against those who exposed Planned Parenthood’s alleged involvement in the sale of fetal body parts harvested from abortions.
• Joining a pro-abortion coalition of attorneys general from several states in sending a letter to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) requesting that the restrictions on mifepristone abortions be lifted and joining the same coalition of attorneys general in filing an amicus brief in support of a court challenge.
As a member of the U.S. House of Representatives representing California’s
While representing California's 34th Congressional District, Mr. Becerra:
• Voted against the Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act. This legislation would prevent abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy when extensive evidence shows an unborn child is capable of feeling great pain.
• Voted against a law that would prevent the interstate transport of minors for the express purpose of obtaining an abortion without the parents’ knowledge or permission. The law would have prevented a statutory rapist from taking his victim across state lines to bypass parental involvement laws.
• Voted against the Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act which would require that a baby born alive during an abortion be afforded the same degree of care that would apply to any other child delivered at the same gestational age.
• Voted against the Unborn Victims of Violence Act that made it a crime to harm an unborn child when a perpetrator was committing another crime.
• Voted against the Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act which outlawed an abortion procedure where a child is delivered until all but the head is exposed. Then the child is stabbed in the back of the neck with scissors or other sharp instrument, a suction device is inserted, the baby’s brains are suctioned out, and the baby’s skull collapses. This allows for a completed delivery of the now-dead baby. This law was upheld by the Supreme Court.
Mr. Becerra's primary qualification seems to be that he is an abortion activist. Placing someone, at this time, as head of the Department of Health and Human Services who has no healthcare experience is a reckless and dangerous recipe for disaster.
National Right to Life also observes that, "Given HHS's critical role in ongoing vaccine production and distribution, along with the regulatory power the agency has in implementing recovery legislation, it is alarming that a nominee with no health experience has been put forth."