Take our quiz to see how much you know about the ADA. Some of the answers may surprise you!
1. The ADA was modeled after:
A. The Civil Rights Act of 1964
B. Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
C. Both of the above
D. None of the above
2. The ADA was amended in which year:
3. The first city to install curb cuts was:
A. Philadelphia, PA
B. Portland, OR
C. Kalamazoo, MI
D. Syracuse, NY
4. In the 1980's, disability rights activists were known for the following sayings, chants, or signs:
A. Nursing homes = jail
B. We will ride
C. Greyhound gives dogs a bad name
D. All of the above
5. Service animals providing assistance to people with disabilities must wear one of the following with appropriately marked identification:
D. They do not need to display any identification
Click here to learn more interesting facts about the ADA.
Quiz answers available at the end of this newsletter.