Local actors and comedians Charlie Heinberg and James Schaeffer, with special guests, will entertain and inform on a variety of topics, from how to live on what you make, to keeping your renter's deposit, to figuring out what to wear to a "business casual" event.
Each Adulting 101 class will have a toolbox of information on the topic.
Participants will direct the discussion based on the information they want to explore so that the classes are meeting their needs.
Plus, there will be food.
Six classes will meet Sundays at Redwood Lounge in Redwood Park
$20 fee for the whole series, or $5 each.
* * *
Call Susan at 707-798-6132 for more information
Classes- Take one. Take them all...
Keep the Change
March 26, 2 p.m to 3:30 p.m.
* Organizing your Finances * Plan for Prosperity * Spending/Savings Basics * Where does your Money Go
To Protect and Swerve
April 2, 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m
* Car maintenance tips * What does insurance protect? * What are comprehensive and collision coverage? * How do you keep your costs down?
Credit vs. You
April 9, 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
* Learn how to monitor your credit score * Understand how to read a credit card statement * Learn what affects your credit score * Why does your credit score matter
April 16, 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
* What are property owners looking for on an application?
* How can you get your deposit back?
* Sharing bills with roommates
* Can I ever buy my own house?
Wear it and Work It!
April 23, 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
* Learn what industry leaders in Humboldt County say they are looking for in their ideal employees
* Learn to create your own opportunity for growth
* Learn the definition of work dress codes, from business casual to dressy casual to business formal
Your Money, Your Future
April 30 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
* What kinds of accounts can be used for saving and investing?
* What circumstances are needed to get different accounts? * What can your bank do for you, besides hold your money?
* Understand the time-value of money