We are currently in the longest government shutdown in the history of our country. With no end in sight, many Arlingtonians are affected:
- Federal workers who are currently furloughed and not being paid.
- Contracted workers, such as janitorial staff and food service workers, who are out of work and will never see these lost wages.
- Employees from local businesses who are losing valuable work hours as federal employees look to cut expenses.
AFAC currently serves 2,300 families on a weekly basis, and we need your help in order to keep up with the rising demand for our services. Please consider making a donation to AFAC to support all those in need at this time.
- A gift of $35 will help feed one family with groceries for one week.
- A gift of $140 will help feed one family with groceries for one month.
- A gift of $315 will make sure a family has enough food through the rest of the winter.