Canada-Alberta Job Grant funding is being extended to Feb.28, 2022 to help with training - AFPA courses are eligible and many members have been successful!
Temporary program changes:
The following program changes expand eligibility to help businesses access the training they need. These temporary changes are effective from Feb 18, 2021 until Feb 28, 2022.
- Eligible trainee now includes employed family members of eligible employers.
- Business owners (incorporated, unincorporated/sole-proprietor and partnerships) with 4 or fewer employees, including all owners, are now eligible to train themselves.
- Training is no longer required to be incremental.
Operational program changes:
The following permanent operational changes will make the application process more efficient. These permanent changes are effective as of Feb 18, 2021.
- Training can start once the application is received by the CAJG.
- Employers may pay for training at any time; however, the training cannot start until all trainee(s) have signed the application and the application is received by the CAJG.
- Course information is no longer required to be listed on the training provider’s website.
- Customized training is eligible.
- Revised list of eligible and ineligible training cost. Please see the Applicant Guide for the full list.