It is our experience that the earlier you start fundraising, the more likely you'll meet or exceed your fundraising goals. Here are some tips to help with your fundraising goals:
· Don't hesitate to ASK everyone you know for help! Once you ask, people are very generous and willing to donate.
· Personalize your Walk page and share your story and a photo so people realize how important our mission is to YOU.
· It's more fun to walk with others. Form a Team and continue to build momentum by recruiting more Walkers to your team.
· Ask your Walkers to send emails to their friends, colleagues, classmates and neighbors.
· Embrace the power of social network - Facebook, Twitter, myspace, Linkedin and other social online groups have worked fundraising wonders for many.
· We have flyers that we can send you that you can print and hand out to friends and family when you see them. Just email us and we'll send you the forms.
Over the two months, we suggest you plan some Fun-Raising events with your team. This gives you a chance to get the community involved and raises awareness about our mission. Plus, the proceeds will be deposited toward your team total. Some ideas:
- Car wash, Yard sale, Bake sale, Lemonade stand
- Halloween Party/Candy Sale
- Specialty Shopping Night such as Bag Parties, Jewelry and Entertainment Parties.
- Portion of Sales Events at Local Restaurants