AHCCCS has recently sent information that we would also like to share with our provider network.
In order to ensure the proper identification of children and adolescents with complex needs and appropriate levels of care, AHCCCS has contracted with Deerfield Behavioral Health (Deerfield) to license the Child and Adolescent Level of Care Utilization System (CALOCUS) and Level of Care Utilization System (LOCUS) software, as well as access to online training for those who have
familiarity with instruments that measure level of service acuity instruments. The agreement includes the licensing of both CALOCUS/LOCUS online, though AHCCCS is currently only requiring the use of the CALOCUS. This also includes licensing of the integrated Electronic Health Record (EHR) products, with the intent that providers include the assessment in their data feeds into the Health Information Exchange (HIE).
Providers can implement LOCUS/CALOCUS in one of two ways. The first is via the web based version which can be accessed at locus.azahcccs.gov. The second is via an EHR integration.
Regardless of which option you choose, you must first reach out to Deerfield and sign their end user license agreement as soon as possible. There is no cost associated with this agreement. Matthew Monago will be your contact at Deerfield and his email is email@example.com. Please be sure to identify your organization as an AHCCCS provider when emailing.
Upon signing of your agreement you will receive the following information:
You will be provided a training discount code specific to your organization. This code should not be shared outside your organization or with contractors. Each organization has their own code and it's to be used by employees only. Training can be booked online at http://locusonline.com/training.asp. The discount code will provide a 100 percent discount on all booked trainings. Once you have your code you can begin signing up for training immediately.
You will be provided a registration code to register on the locus.azahcccs.gov website. Please register for an account prior to your onboarding session with Deerfield. Deerfield cannot schedule your onboarding session until your account is created. This should be created by your appointed LOCUS admin.
- You will be provided with information on EHR integrations. Please note that EHR integrations can take several months or more to deploy depending upon your EHR’s functionality and vendor resource availability.
- Deerfield will work with AHCCCS and Mercy Care for continuation and improvement of the Train-the-Trainer model for CALOCUS for providers who are new to the CALOCUS instrument. Training development is nearly complete. AHCCCS has engaged with MCO training administrators to finalize the training.
- While not currently required to be implemented, AHCCCS will work to develop similar training for the LOCUS tool to encourage consistent assessment across the child and adult population for continuity of care.
- Provider registration with Deerfield will begin Summer 2021. Once registered, providers may immediately access the online training and the online version of the instrument.
- Providers shall use the online instrument until the EHR integration can be completed. Assessment information will be automatically compiled through Deerfield, so providers will no longer be required to submit the CALOCUS scores separately through the DUGless portal.*
*If your organization is not using the Arizona LOCUS product or including the assessment results in the HIE, DUGless submissions will still be required.
AHCCCS appreciates the patience and understanding of our provider agencies during this process. AHCCCS intends to provide more specific information and instruction as soon as possible. This will be done in careful consideration of all of the ongoing responsibilities and activities of our stakeholders and partners in the Children’s System of Care in Arizona, especially amid the current pandemic situation.
Thanks for all you do!