In this session we are going to explore:
- What is humor. Its essence and purpose
- Humor in Business
- The role interpreters play in cross-cultural communication
- Low-Context and High-Context cultures
- The Lewis Model: Multi-active, linear active and reactive cultures. Audience expectations.
- Listening habits cross culturally
- Meeting styles cross culturally
- Communication patterns. Interpreters as cross-cultural facilitators
- Examples of humor in select countries. Things to avoid.
The training will be a mixture of trainer input (both theory and practical experience), dialogue, and other group/pair-work through activities and exercises.
Sign up today!