IRS | EHM | City Steps is committed to following the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) as it relates to health protection.
Given the growing concerns in regard to coronavirus (COVID-19), the recorded community transmission in Maryland, and the State of Emergency issued by Governor Hogan, we ask that all residents, visitors, staff and volunteers follow the CDC recommendations below:
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Adopt alternative greetings that do not require touch such as waving while smiling rather than shaking hands (social distancing).
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Use a hand sanitizer, if available.
- Have an adequate supply of prescription, medications and nonprescription drugs and other health supplies on hand such as pain relievers, stomach remedies, cough and cold medicines, fluids with electrolytes, and vitamins. Have a thermometer, tissues, soap, and hand sanitizer.
- Have extra non-perishable food items at home.
For additional information please see:
We are encouraging all staff and volunteers to remain diligent following the guidance listed above. Additionally we have asked that any staff member or volunteer who has come in contact with the virus or who believes they may have come in contact with someone with the virus, to take the appropriate isolation/quarantine measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 to others.
To help prevent the spread of germs, staff will continue to maintain our standards of cleanliness and follow the CDC protocols and directions using disinfecting cleaning agents to frequently and routinely clean and disinfect high-touch common area surfaces including but not limited to: tabletops, hard-back chairs, doorknobs, light switches, handles, toilets, sinks, desktops, counters, telephones, and remote controls.
In addition, EHM will provide
limited preventative maintenance and inspections
through the end of March and
will strive to keep access to apartment homes to a minimum. Work orders already submitted and those related to health and safety will be completed as needed. If you have a question about completion of a work order you have requested, please contact the main office at 410.576.5070.
Finally, AIRS | EHM | City Steps will remain open for business unless and until mandated to do otherwise by local, state or federal authorities . We remain committed to our clients and will make every effort to ensure they continue to receive the services they require to continue their journeys to self-sufficiency and independent living.
We will continue to closely monitor Federal, State and Local agency recommendations, and will keep you informed of additional updates as they arise. At the end of March we will let you know which of the above preventive measures we feel are necessary to continue.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the position of AIRS | EHM | City Steps please let me know immediately.