Last week we announced the AIRS | EHM | City Steps position and response regarding the
coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. We could not have imagined the impact (both direct and collateral) of the outbreak but we have maintained our commitment to providing supportive housing services to our clients.
We remain committed to following the guidance of local, state, and federal government and agencies like the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). With this guidance we took the following actions:
- Implemented social distancing policies to reduce in person meetings and staff contact with vendors and clients.
- Utilized alternative client engagement tools to maintain client service while reducing the need for office or home visits.
- Encouraged and enabled staff with at-risk household members to work from home to reduce the risk of contaminating their homes.
- Participated in local, state and national forums and joined local response teams to ensure we received and promoted the most accurate and timely information to our clients, staff and volunteers. Please visit our website for a list of resources we have compiled from our work with and participation in these groups.
- Provided additional cleaning supplies for disinfecting our work and public spaces frequently.
- Submitted funding and requests for additional supplies.
- Utilized our social media channels to distribute timely information.
- Activated emergency essential employee protocols due to increasingly limited travel and mobility restrictions.
- Shared a new SMS communication tool with staff for the efficient dissemination of critical information.
Finally, and as detailed in our original COVID-19 statement, AIRS | EHM | City Steps will remain open for business unless and until mandated to do otherwise by local, state or federal authorities. We remain committed to our clients and will make every effort to ensure they continue to receive the services they require to continue their journeys to self-sufficiency and independent living.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the position of AIRS | EHM | City Steps regarding COVID-19 please let me know immediately.