THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING
THE ANNUAL FUND DRIVE
A sincere thank you to the members of our school community
who were able to support this year's Annual Fund Drive. Although
we are $7,000 short of our goal
of contributing $55,000 to the school's operational budget, we realize that our inability to cross the finish line with our hands held high in victory was not due to a deficit of love for our school.
Rather, we acknowledge the generous nature of our school families, former school parents, alumni, grandparents, and parishioners who have already given from the 'widow's mite.'
We are gratefully appreciative of those who have been generous in support of other school fundraisers like our Golf Outing, Fun Fair, Auction, Queen of Hearts raffle, and Dinner Dance, and know that no one has unlimited resources.
Fundraising, however, is an integral, and ongoing, necessity to support Catholic education.
School leaders attempt to make these appeals as painless as possible by couching them inside of fun activities like the Golf Outing or social opportunities like the Fun Fair, Auction, and Dinner Dance.
School officials are also cognizant of trying to balance the budget with opportunities for tax-deductible gifts rather than eliminating fundraising altogether and simply increasing tuition.
As the Advancement Board prepares for the 2019-2020 school term, they will be developing strategies to better inform our school families on:
- how earnings from the Tuition Assistance, Capital Improvement, and Teachers' Endowment benefit school families and allows the School Board to keep tuition increases under 5%
- how the generous parish subsidy benefits school families and allows the School Board to keep tuition increases under 5%
- how the Golf Outing and Annual Fund Drive impacts school families and allows the School Board to keep tuition increases under 5%
- why a school with a combined $15 million in endowments (as of June 30, 2018) still sponsors fundraisers like the Auction, Golf Outing, Queen of Hearts raffle, and Annual Fund Drive
- what financial commitments the Home and School and Advancement Board make to the operational budget to allow the School Board to keep tuition increases under 5%
- why the Advancement Board chose to sponsor the Queen of Hearts raffle and how the school was going to benefit from the potential windfall profits
If you would still like to make a gift to the Annual Fund Drive, you may do so through June 30.