How will we do this?
Cigna has established a Dedicated Plan Change unit that exists solely to help existing customers transition from one plan to another. This unit is staffed by licensed service representatives, not Sales Agents.
- When an existing customer makes a plan change by calling our Dedicated Plan Change line directly, your AOR status will remain unchanged.
- When an existing customer calls customer service inquiring about a plan change, the customer service representative will transfer the customer to our Dedicated Plan Change line, and your AOR status will remain unchanged.
- When an existing customer initiates a plan change through one of Cigna’s internal field sales or telesales agents our team member will either refer the customer to our Dedicated Plan Change line or complete the plan change themselves. In either case, your AOR status will remain unchanged.
The plan change process
As an agent, you still have the option to fill out a new application to submit for current customers. However, we want you to know that you can feel confident in referring your current Cigna customers interested in changing to a different Cigna plan to our Plan Change Queue.
Your current Cigna customers can call 1-855-649-5105 to connect
to the dedicated Plan Change Queue.
The Agent of Record policy applies to:
- Active, licensed, appointed and 2023 certified agents at the time of the customer’s plan change.
The Agency of Record policy does not apply when:
- The original agent is no longer eligible or terminated.
- Another active, licensed, appointed and 2023 certified, external agent (not employed by Cigna) facilitates the plan change.
- The plan change is facilitated through an external Cigna appointed call center agent/agency.
If you believe that an internal Cigna agent completed a plan change that impacted your Agent of Record status, please call the Cigna Agent Resource Line (CARL) for assistance.