Greetings from the New Haven APICS Chapter.
Do you want to:
- Increase your salary - on average designees see a 10% increase
- Improve your hiring potential by 65%
- Maximize ROI on systems and technologies
- Reduce your organization's costs
- Provide more value to your organization
- Understand how to increase customer satisfaction
- Build your credibility and set yourself apart from peers
These are some sample results of becoming APICS Certified!
If you are not familiar with APICS' certification offerings, then they are, briefly:
- CPIM - Covers internal business subjects such as materials management, master scheduling, forecasting and production planning
- CLTD - Learn to integrate all aspects of logistics operations, extending from inbound materials management, outbound distribution, and reverse logistics.
- CSCP - Covers external business subjects such as the extended supply chain, from organizations' suppliers through to the end customers
The fundamental business process areas as defined by the Supply Chain Operating Reference (SCOR) are: Plan, Source, Make, Deliver, and Return.
- The CPIM program covers, in detail, the first three of these processes in two different courses totaling 60 hours of education and requires passing two exams to be certified.
- The CLTD program covers, also in detail, the last two of these business processes in one course of 40 hours, and requires passing one exam to achieve certification
- The CSCP program is a management-level course covering all five of the business process areas, in one 40 hour course, and also requires passing one exam to be CSCP certified.
To see a summary grid comparing the requirements of these three programs, please
As most of you know, the CPIM curriculum now consists of two parts, called (very cleverly) CPIM Part 1 and CPIM Part 2. As there is an approximately 10% discount for ordering a "bundle" consisting of both parts of the course and both exams, that is our normal offering.
We may be offering the weekday class in North Haven beginning in October. If you are interested in more details , please email me at email@example.com.
The cost of this class will include membership in the APICS New Haven chapter for all who are not APICS members.
For people who would rather do the class on a weekend, we would consider doing Part 1 over three consecutive 7-hour Saturdays at a location to be determined. Please email John Sawyer at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
To view a less than 30 minute webinar about the revised CPIM program,
Understanding that you all are busy professionals, with outside as well as corporate lives, we are going to be trying a new way of offering both CSCP and CLTD classes later in the fall.
These classes will be run using a technique known as the "flipped classroom". As such, the major responsibility for learning will belong to the class attendee, using both the APICS Learning Systems and a multi-directional attendee/attendee/leader white-board/chat room where attendees will discuss the materials and problems with each other as well as with the course leaders.
The course leaders will monitor the chat room and module by module quiz results, and will hold a webinar once a week to discuss attendee questions, respond to problem areas revealed by the results of the module quizzes, and introduce new materials.
We may meet in person two or three times during the duration of the course as needed.
Please email me at email@example.com if you are interested in
any of these course offerings.