Dear Aspen Ridge families,
We have an important update to share with you today. A student at Aspen Ridge has received a positive test result for COVID-19 on Friday, October 30, 2020.
Based on the contact tracing, the parents of any students known to have close contact have been notified and instructed to keep their children home. Staff who were in close contact have also been instructed to quarantine. If you have not been contacted directly, your child does not need to stay home or quarantine. Siblings of students in quarantine are still able to attend Aspen Ridge in-person learning. Please closely monitor them for symptoms.
Any person with a confirmed case of COVID-19 is reviewed by our COVID Response Committee to assess the situation and follow guidelines from state officials.
1. The person diagnosed is being kept home from school until they are no longer infectious.
2. The person's activities while infectious are assessed.
3. The people who were in close contact with the diagnosed individual are quarantined until 14 days after the last known exposure has past.
As a reminder, we follow all cleaning protocols as outlined by the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment (CDPHE) to ensure the rooms have been disinfected. As a precaution, a deeper clean will be done in the affected classroom and surrounding areas, such as restrooms.
All students and staff are reminded to follow ARPS health and safety requirements to wear a mask, wash hands frequently, practice physical distancing to the greatest extent possible and complete a self-health screening daily prior to arriving at school. If you or anyone in your household is exhibiting symptoms consistent with COVID-19, do not send your child to school.
If your child develops symptoms consistent with COVID-19:
· Notify the COVID Response Coordinator at ARPS
· Consult a medical professional
· Continue to keep your child home from school and avoid activities around other people
We are trusting our staff and families to aid in the safety of our larger ARPS family and support the mitigation of the spread of COVID-19 and supporting our in-person learning success and health for Aspen Ridge Owls.
If you have questions please reach out to Sean Cortes at email@example.com