June 20, 2016
Mark Jensen webinar "Innovation in Pain Management"
There is an epidemic around us - opioid dependence and abuse. It has not spared any demographics and keeps growing, claiming more victims daily.
This webinar demonstrates another tool that can allows clinicians in the medical and mental health field to help our patients and clients address chronic pain without depending on medications.
Rather then starting from symptom focus, the approach is person-oriented. Clinicians are taught to help patients/clients find a way to build their own
resilience structure. Patient's own motivations to introduce changes that would lead to more comfortable life are brought into spotlight and supported.
The webinar was met with great enthusiasm and was viewed by attendees from all over the world.
We hope that members of ASCH will share their knowledge and expertise with the wider professional community to help in curbing this epidemic that drains resources and claims lives.
Mark Jensen has conducted a masterful presentation: a theoretical discussion, work with 2 subjects, and a questions & answers session, all in 75 min. Talk about time distortion! Great work and we are hoping for more.
ASCH MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL
Filling out your renewal form is the best time to think about the value of being a member of ASCH.
Herald's list of reasons:
- You are a member of a unique professional society that allows professionals from medical, dental and mental health fields to learn together and exchange ideas and experiences.
- You will meet some of the most interesting people in your life at the workshops and conferences.
- You can volunteer in various committees and task forces and make a difference.
- You can teach at workshops and seminars and make a difference.
- You make friends with people from all over the world and from your own state.
- You get to know the dedicated ASCH staff (John, Mike, Emma, Elizabeth, Catherine)
- You get to know the best professionals in the field and get all the help to become one of the best.
- You get ASCH publications and discounts for workshops and seminars.
- You get CEUs and CMEs.
- You get a nice statement from ASCH (that you can put on any wall you want) stating that you are a member, have a certification, or that you are an approved consultant.
- You get access to the e-learning library with videos and demonstrations that cannot be matched.
- You get quarterly newsletter and Herald.
- You become a member of Hypnosis Listserv. Carol and George, thank you for your great dedication and time.
- You can get ASCH cash!
- Life is just more interesting if you are a member of ASCH!
- Come up with your own and send them to us email@example.com
Please, name a member that you think has done outstanding work for the society - we will bring his/her achievements into the spotlight. Send names to firstname.lastname@example.org
EVENTS & NEWS
ASCH EC, various task forces and committees are hard at work, our administrative team are hard at work bringing changes to our website, Facebook pages, enhancing educational activities and reaching out to individual members. Please, let us hear from you! Interested in joining a committee and helping ASCH? If so, click here to fill out an interest form.
Basic, Intermediate & Advanced
- Topic for advanced workshop: "Advanced Methods in the Theory and Clinical Practice of Mindfulness, Psychosynthesis, Management of pain and Suffering and Integrative Psychotherapy Strategies"
- Advanced workshop faculty: Phillip Appel, Akira Otani
Herald applauds this ambitious project and will be looking for feedback from the participants.
September 15-18, 2016
Basic, Intermediate & Advanced
- Topic for advanced workshop: "Hypnosis, Biofeedback and Physiological monitoring"
- Advanced workshop faculty:
Donald Moss, Eric Willmarth
Combination of hypnosis and biofeedback gives practitioner an opportunity to craft interventions that will take therapeutic experiences to a higher level.
The capacity of human body to self-regulate and adapt can and should be used to decrease mental and physical suffering.
Assen Alladin has recently published the following that members may find useful:
(1) Assen has Guest Edited and contributed to the American Journal of Clinical Hypnosis Special Issue on Emotional Disorders and the Wounded-Self, Volume 59, Issue 1, pages 1-121, 2016.
(2) Alladin, A., & Amundson, J. (2016). Cognitive hypnotherapy as a transdiagnostic protocol for emotional disorders. International Journal of Clinical and Experimental Hypnosis, 64 (2), 147-166.
Alladin, A. (2016).
Integrative CBT for Anxiety Disorders: An Evidence-Based Approach to Enhancing Cognitive Behavioral Therapy with Mindfulness and Hypnotherapy
ON THE LIGHTER SIDE
(Please, submit interesting quotes, original photography, recipes, cartoons for our readers' enjoyment.)
The single and peculiar life is bound
With all the strength and armor of the mind
To keep itself from noyance
WHERE IN THE WORLD CONTEST
We received a substantial amount of correct responses to the picture from the first issue. Congratulations to Jennifer Swain for correctly answering "SWISS GUARD AT VATICAN"
Issue #2 photo
Readers are invited to guess the city and district in which this photo was taken. The winner will get an $11 Amazon gift card.
Submit your answer to email@example.com. Good luck!