• As we've moved to virtual meetings on Zoom, Whererby, Webex, Google Hangouts and Skype, here are a few tips to put your best foot forward.
• Find a private space or use headphones to minimize background noise.
• Put the camera at eye level to make it look like you're talking to the person.
• Make sure your face is well lit with front lighting. Avoid backlighting.
• If you need to step away to look something up let everyone know you're doing that so they don't think the call was dropped.
• Check your desktop before sharing a screen to make sure there isn't private or sensitive information showing.
• Start your call early to test your camera and background.
• Have everyone introduce themselves.