AUMA and RMA shortlisted for an Alberta Emerald Award!
For almost 30 years, the Emerald Awards have recognized and celebrated outstanding environmental achievements across Alberta. On March 27, AUMA and RMA were shortlisted in the Community Group or Not-For-Profit Association category for the Municipal Climate Change Action Centre initiative.
The AUMA and RMA nomination demonstrates how these two associations have collaborated over the past 10 years. Their collaborative initiative has resulted in many benefits for municipalities and other organizations, including:
- 27,075 solar PV modules installed;
- 536 clean energy projects;
- 319 participants, including 102 municipalities;
- $2.5 million in annual energy savings;
- 336,915 tonnes of greenhouse gas emissions (CO2e) avoided; and
- $39.2 million invested in renewable energy and energy efficiency projects.