• Monday, August 31 is the first day of school for 1st grade - 8th grade.
• August 31-September 4 is Kindergarten screening and iPad pick-up (pick-up will also include headphones, a stylus, a charger and materials).
• Tuesday, September 8 is the first day Kindergarten students will join their teachers online:
– Join us on the first day for our first all-school launch in a Google Meet. Get your camera ready. We will normally be live streaming announcements and the kick-off to our day but we want this first experience to feel alive so we will all join together. Please mute yourself upon entry but we would love it if you would show your faces so we can see your beautiful smiles. (We don’t mind if you are in your PJs with crazy hair).
– After our all school kick-off, we will help direct you to where you need to be. We are anticipating this to be messy but know that we will have a lot of tech support on hand. If you can’t get in, please don’t worry. We know this may be the case, so we will be waiting and ready to help you. You can always contact us via: email@example.com More details to come on this on Friday.
• Week 1 will look very different. Teams will not be following a strict academic schedule. While your child will have access to their schedule next week, we will not be following it strictly. We will be doing a lot of team building activities, community building, getting to know each other, learning about digital competencies, taking a lot of screen breaks, scheduling 1:1s with families and just enjoying our time together as we prepare to dive into learning.
• Look for class lists for K-4 coming out later this evening, Thursday, August 27.
• Details about the Fly By, material pick-up and other fun coming next week.
• Details on how to connect live with your teachers on the first day.
• More information to come regarding what synchronous versus asynchronous learning may look like this year.