CARPOOL Pickup and Drop Off Reminders
From the home office of Castle Rock, Colorado, we now present the top 5 carpool reminders (anyone remember Letterman?).
5. Only Pre-K parents should park/drop off in Pre-K parking lot. This is the small lot near the school exit. Pre-K parents must walk their child in and sign them in for the day, so those limited spots must be available for Pre-K parents.
4. Please pull forward all the way to the top of carpool lane for drop off no matter what door your child enters. Stopping mid-way prohibits more cars from being in the drop-off zone which makes carpool last longer.
3. Be ready to exit vehicle. No tying shoes, finishing breakfast, zipping backpack up, fixing hair, looking for a mask. etc.... Be ready to exit. If not quite ready (we understand things happen) pull all the way to the top and then finish getting ready before trying to exit your vehicle.
2. Parents, please stay in your vehicle. We promise to get your child into the building. We know it is tempting to get out of your car for hugs and kisses, but please do that while in your car.
And the number one reminder at drop off...
1. After dropping off your child please follow the flow of traffic and exit. Do not stop to watch your child enter the building – we will make sure they get in safely.