Aspen View Academy’s Educational Plan for 2021-2022
The 2020-2021 school year was challenging in so many ways. The global pandemic fundamentally changed the way we educated our students and while there were some speedbumps along the way, I am proud of how the AVA community responded. We kept the learning process moving forward by offering students both full in-person learning, as well as a full eLearning option. We implemented many layered safety protocols aimed at keeping our students, staff, and families safe and as a result, our students were able to continue learning in a safe and caring environment.
We wholeheartedly believe students learn best while in school. The benefits of being in school cannot be ignored. Students learn better in the physical classroom, they have the important interaction with their peers, and have access to a building full of professionals who can help and assist no matter what occurs.
With that said, following is the educational plan for Aspen View Academy for the 2021-2022 school year:
- Students will be in school five days per week.
- We will not offer eLearning next year.
- We will return to our full differentiation of instruction model.
-Students will change classes
-Students can interact outside of the cohort group
- We will offer a full option of middle school electives.
- Students will be able to sit with their friends during lunch and play with their friends at recess
-We will continue to have 1 grade at a time eat lunch in the cafeteria and be out at recess
- We will follow all quarantine guidelines mandated by Tri-County Health in the event a student or staff member tests positive for COVID.
-We will perform extended contact tracing in hopes of minimizing extensive quarantines
- We will follow any state mandates, including mask mandates.
-As a public school, we are not allowed to opt out of state mandates
- We will continue to provide an amazing educational experience for your kids!