Nominate a local business to receive the 2023 Carmon Cunningham Business Legacy Award by simply emailing or mailing a written nomination to the Wilmington/Tewksbury Chamber NO LATER THAN January 31st explaining why you feel your nominee is deserving of the award.
The Carmon Cunningham Business Legacy Award:
- Is presented annually by Chamber President
- To an individual who has achieved exceptional business success in his/her lifetime
- To a Chamber business member who inspires, is innovative and makes an impact in our communities
- We seek to recognize inspiring leadership that transcends business and leaves a legacy of community and economic vitality for generations to come
- This award will be given to a Chamber member who embodies similar characteristics of the late Carmon Cunningham, Owner of The Cleaner Spot Dry Cleaners
- The person who receives this award embraces Carmon’s work ethic and provides a positive atmosphere making work a better place
- They are encouraging, supportive, maintain a positive attitude and cheerful disposition and brings life and energy to our community
Carmon Cunningham, before his untimely passing in 2016, was the owner of the successful Cleaner Spot Dry Cleaners and Tailor at Wilmington Crossing. Carmon had been a member of the Chamber’s Board of Directors for 5 years, serving as the President in 2013 and 2014. Carmon was also very involved in a host of community and business organizations and charitable endeavors and was very well liked and respected by all he interacted with.
2017 - Carmon Cunningham, The Cleaner Spot Dry Cleaners (posthumously)
2018 - Michael Champoux, Winbrook
2019 - Rick Lowe, Tremezzo Ristorante
2020 - Sheila Bissett, Aleppo Shriners
2021 - Dawn Callahan, TJ Callahan's Pub
2022 - Peter T. DaMore, Jr., DaMore Law
Nominations should be detailed and provide specific examples of business success, leadership, and community involvement. Please email or mail nominations by January 31st to: email@example.com or Wilmington/Tewksbury Chamber
226 Lowell Street, Wilmington.
Please call the Chamber at 978-657-7211 with additional questions.