Today's topic: The Credentialing Council Development Workgroup
As the year draws to a close, this
Trek to Accrediting the PATH Intl. Registered Therapeutic Riding Instructor Certification eNews will be the last of 2016. PATH Intl. remains committed to sharing regular updates with members through 2017 and beyond regarding the processes and timeline for applying for third-party accreditation of the registered therapeutic riding instructor certification.
The latest news is the announcement of the members who will make up the credentialing council development workgroup. These individuals were chosen for their EAAT and PATH Intl. experience, program knowledge and experience as instructors and evaluators.
Currently, the work group roster comprises:
- Marci Bender -- Equestrian program manager at PATH Intl. Premier Accredited Center (PAC) National Ability Center, Park City, UT; PATH Intl. Certified Advanced Instructor
- Anthony Busacca -- Chief operating officer at PAC SIRE Therapeutic Horsemanship, Hockley, TX; PATH Intl. Certified Master Instructor; PATH Intl. Certified Equine Specialist in Mental Health and Learning; PATH Intl. Riding Certification Evaluator
- Liz Dulski -- Assistant director of therapeutic horsemanship at PAC St. Andrews University "Ride Like a Knight," Laurinburg, NC; PATH Intl. Certified Advanced Instructor; PATH Intl. Riding Certification Evaluator
- Cheryl Farrar -- President, executive director and chief equine officer at White Fawn Farm, Thompson's Station, TN; chief information officer at National Association of State Boards Accountancy; co-founder, chief operating officer at LOFT Technology Solutions
- Barbara Ford -- Executive director at Untamed Spirit Therapeutic and Educational Program; PATH Intl. Registered Instructor
- Leslie Mapes -- Chief operating officer at PAC Fieldstone Farm Therapeutic Riding Center, Chagrin Falls, OH; PATH Intl. Certified Registered Instructor
- Katherine Mead -- Knowledge center coordinator at PAC ManeGait, McKinney, TX; PATH Intl. Certified Advanced Instructor; PATH Intl. Riding Certification Evaluator
- Teresa Morris -- Former program director at PAC Fieldstone Farm Therapeutic Riding Center, Chagrin Falls, OH; PATH Intl. Certified Advanced Instructor; PATH Intl. Riding Certification Evaluator
- Lynn Petr -- Executive director at PAC Shangri-la Therapeutic Academy of Riding, Lenoir, TN; PATH Intl. Certified Advanced Instructor; PATH Intl. Equine Specialist in Mental Health and Learning
The credentialing council development workgroup will be laying the groundwork for the following:
- Establish the criteria, desired committee makeup, nominating and election processes and procedures for elected representatives of a new PATH Intl. Credentialing Council (election scheduled for Spring 2017).
- Develop and propose for approval policies and procedures of the new credentialing council that meet National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) standards.
- Participate in the first meeting of the credentialing council for transition.
As available, the association will share with members the ongoing work, timeline and status of the workgroup. We will also share along the way some interesting terminology and processes related to this endeavor that we hope you will find interesting.
Have more questions? Visit this list of recent member
questions and comments
, visit the webpage for
Trek to Accrediting the PATH Intl. Registered Therapeutic Riding Instructor Certification eNews
and/or please use this
where you can leave your comments, and if requested, someone will get back to you.