We are preparing for
Phase Two of our reopening plan, which will begin on
Monday, June 1st, 2020.
The following areas will be available for member use during this phase:
- Swimming pool (5:15am to 6:15pm)
- Lap swim only
- Reservations required (at the front desk) no earlier than the business day before you would like to swim.
- If you do not make a reservation, but the pool has availability, you will be allowed to swim.
- All swimmers have a 45 minute time limit in the pool. If the pool is not booked and we have availability, we can extend this time limit by request when you arrive for your reservation.
- Pool capacity is limited to 6 swimmers at a time (one per lap lane)
- Towels are not available at the Y (even in the Health Service Centers) so please be sure to bring your own towel.
- Locker Rooms in limited capacity
- Locker rooms are available for changing, showering and restroom use, but the lockers themselves are not available for use.
- Members are encouraged to keep their belongings with them or take belongings back to their vehicles. Swimmers are welcome to take their belongings with them to the pool deck.
- The YMCA is not responsible for lost/stolen/damaged items.
- Health Service Centers (saunas, whirlpools and steam rooms still closed)
- Health Service Centers are available for changing, showering and restroom use. Additional amenities are not available (sauna, whirlpool and steam room).
- Lockers are available for existing Health Service Members.
- Pool lobby and vending machines
- seating area is not available, but vending machine use will be permitted.
- Track (5:00am to 6:30pm)
- One member or family unit permitted at a time.
- Thirty Minute time limit
- Reservations required (at the front desk) no earlier than the business day before you would like to use the track.
- If you do not make a reservation, but the track has availability, you will be allowed to run/walk.
- Childwatch (Ages 4-8 Only)
- Reservations required (at the front desk) no earlier than the business day before you would like to use child watch services.
- Limited to 7 children at a time (between the ages of 4-8)
- Hours Available
- Monday - Thursday - 8:45am-12:00pm & 4:00-7:00pm
- Friday - 8:45am-12:00pm only
- Saturday & Sunday - CLOSED
- Punch cards will be required (no bank draft payment at this time)
- We kindly ask that parents check their child in at the door without entering the Childwatch room.
- Temperatures will be taken at the door prior to entry.
- Please do not bring items from home (toys, blankets, etc).
Previous Communication From Phase One:
Based on previous communication, the following safety precautions and restrictions are still in place:
The Martial Arts Area, Gym 2, Aerobics and Dance Rooms, Youth Zone, and Coffee Lounge
will remain closed.
The YMCA will not be serving coffee or snacks, but vending machines will now be available.
All Youth & Adult Programs will remain suspended until further notice.
Drinking fountains will continue to be closed at this time. Members are encouraged to bring in a water bottle.
Adult group fitness classes will continue on a limited basis as instructors and time slots are secured. Classes will be limited to 9 participants and an instructor until further notice. In order to participate,
members must register online or by phone (no earlier than the business day prior to the day that the class is scheduled). All fitness classes will take place in
Gym 1 to allow for social distancing.
Members will be verbally health screened for COVID 19 symptoms upon entry.
All members will be required to sign a waiver prior to using the facility.
The waiver can be accessed by clicking
Members under the age of 18 must have a parent/legal guardian sign the waiver prior to using the facility.
Youth must be at least 14 years old to use the facility alone. Anyone under the age of 14 must be accompanied by, and remain in direct supervision of, their parent/guardian at all times.
Facility usage will be limited to a one-hour per member to allow facility access for others. If no one is waiting in line, and the facility is not at full capacity, the 1-hour time limit can be extended with staff permission.
Masks are encouraged, but not required.
Attendance in the building will be limited to no more than 50% capacity, which is as follows: 26 members
in the weight room, 24 members in the cardio room, and 5 members in the functional training room. Social distancing of at least 6 feet is required at all times.
No more than 10 people are allowed in any one group and social distancing with at least 6 feet in between is mandatory throughout the facility.
We cannot overload any one space. There may be times when one area is full, and additional members will not be allowed entry. We ask that you please remain patient and be as flexible as possible.
Our reduced building hours will remain as follows:
Monday-Friday: 5:00am – 7:00pm
Saturday: 7:00am – 5:00pm
Sanitation stations are set up throughout the facility. Please sanitize hands at the main entrance and again prior to entering the cardio, weight room, functional training room and/or gym as you move throughout the facility.
Staff will be frequently cleaning/disinfecting commonly touched areas (door handles, railings, bathrooms, bathroom fixtures, countertops, and equipment) throughout the day.
We will use an electrostatic sanitation system (Clorox 360) to deep clean and sanitize equipment and large areas of the building every evening.
We request that members ensure they are wiping down equipment both before and after each use with the cleaning wipes provided.
Increased signage will be utilized to enforce social distancing. Some cardio and weight equipment will be marked out of service to assist with social distancing.
The Burlington Area YMCA will not be accepting day passes, guest passes or Nationwide members until further notice.
Volleyball and Pickleball will not be allowed at this time.
Basketball will be limited to one person or one family unit at each hoop (in Gym 1 when there are no fitness classes taking place). There will not be any pick-up basketball games allowed. The Y will not be checking out basketballs or any other sporting equipment during this second phase of reopening. Members must bring their own.
Racquetball will be limited to one person or one family unit at a time in each court. During our initial phase of reopening we will not be accepting racquetball reservations, and court availability will be first come, first serve. Racquetball and other sporting equipment will not be checked out at the front desk during this second phase of reopening. Members must bring their own.
Shower towels and sweat towels will not be provided.
Congregating will not be allowed in the facility.
Those who refuse to adhere to the current safety standards will be asked to leave the facility.
Please keep in mind that the Essential Childcare Program is still open and will remain open throughout the summer. Childcare is held at the Burlington Y, and will therefore increase the number of youth in the facility.
As you can see, the Burlington Area YMCA Leadership Team has been hard at work figuring out how to serve our members in a safe and responsible manner. In this time of uncertainty, we are sure of this: we will work together with our members, in addition to our board of directors and local officials, to determine the safest and most responsible way to move forward to the best of our ability in this new and different environment.
As we have said before, things have been changing on a daily, weekly, and sometimes, hourly basis. I thank you for your patience as we work through our reopening. Our Board and staff are so excited to see your smiling faces in our facility! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at 319-753-6734.