The Museum of Fine Arts will offer a special guided tour of the Art in Bloom exhibit for low vision and blind art lovers. Art In Bloom is the Museum's annual celebration of art and flowers and the Feeling For Form tour on Friday, April 29 is free. Pre-registration is required and attendance is limited.
The deadline to pre-register for this program is Monday, April 18.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to pre-register. Reservations will be confirmed in the order they are received. In order to secure a reservation for this event, all of the information below must be provided when requesting a tour:
1. Name of blind or low vision visitor.
2. Contact information (telephone number and email address).
3. If you will have a sighted guide with you, please let the MFA know
4. Alternatively, please let them know if you will need a sighted guide.
5. First and second choice of times for a tour on Friday, April 29, would be appreciated. Tours can be requested from 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Tours last approximately one hour.
6. Please let the MFA know about other accessibility needs such as an assistive listening device or a wheelchair when you register (NOTE: MFA volunteers are not able to push visitors in wheelchairs).
7. Tell the MFA how you plan to travel to the museum (if your sighted guide is driving, a parking discount is available if requested at the time of registration).
8. If you plan to travel to the MFA via the Ride, please let the MFA know at the time of registration.
The MFA will have a Wait List for this program. Individuals who are Wait Listed will be notified on Wednesday, April 27, of their status.