Good afternoon NAMI Southwest Ohio community members!
As many of you have heard, the Governor's Executive Budget Proposal for state fiscal years 2020-2021 has been released. NAMI Ohio is elated at the level of support the Governor is committing in this budget proposal. It is unprecedented.
However, to make the proposals listed below into law...
We need your help!!!
Please rally your grassroots advocates!!!
Contact your advocates today through Friday (by phone, email, etc.) to convince their state representatives to support his proposals in the state budget.
Give them the following directions!
- Step 1: Identify your State Representative
- Step 2: Read the talking points (below) and add in your personal details to the talking points.
- Step 3: Call, email and send a letter to your State Representative, using your customized talking points (included below)
- Step 4: Call and/or email as many people you know as possible who will want to help including:
- Friends, family members, friends who are clergy, law enforcement, mental health professionals, children's services professionals, etc.