Ag Innovation Update-September 2017
October Ag Innovation News Preview
In just a couple weeks, you should receive your copy of the October
Ag Innovation News. In anticipation of its release, AURI wants to share a preview of some of the upcoming stories you can enjoy as a subscriber.
Business is Popping!: This article shares some exciting news from AURI client, Smude's Brand Sunflower Oil about their newest product offering!
Rebuilding an Industry: AURI is working with Minnesota hemp farmers to assist in identifying and developing a commercially viable market for industrial hemp.
Filling an Unmet Need: This story discusses AURI's Entrepreneur in Residence program, and profiles the first two participant companies.
Craft Brewery Field Day: A couple months ago, AURI co-hosted its first Craft Brewery Field Day in Crookston, MN. This article recaps the learning opportunities and highlights participants.
AURI Board Spotlight
This quarter, Ag Innovation News is highlighting two of its current board members Sen. Rich Draheim and current Secretary-Treasurer Art Bandli.
Both Directors show a great dedication to AURI and its endeavors, while having unique backgrounds.
You will see from the side-by-side interviews each director's vision for AURI and how they are working together to advance AURI's mission.
AURI is pleased to share some new funding opportunities for value-added producers' renewable energy projects in Minnesota.
- Minnesota CERTs 2018 Seed Grants is taking applications. The Seed Grants are designed to provide limited financial assistance for community-based energy efficiency and/or renewable energy projects in Minnesota. Project funding can support technical assistance services (i.e., labor costs only, such as for a consultant, design professional, installer, or student labor) for projects in all seven Minnesota CERTs regions: Central, Metro, Northeast, Northwest, Southeast, Southwest, and West Central. Applications are due October 20, 2017.
AURI Seeks Project Manager
AURI seeks a full-time Project Manager for its Crookston office. This position manages, leads and coordinates efforts of team members to plan, execute, and deliver AURI projects and external funding opportunities.
Areas of responsibility include:
- Managing the execution and outcomes of projects and external funding opportunities.
- Managing the initiation and development of AURI projects, initiatives and external funding opportunities.
- Building, developing and expanding relationships vital to the success of AURI activities.
The ideal candidate will hold a Bachelor degree or equivalent in Project Management, Agribusiness or a related field and two years' of experience. Skills and abilities include working with diversity and demonstrated project management skills and leadership that produces strong outcomes in complex environments. Strong interpersonal communication skills are required. Knowledge of the agricultural industry and processing experience is preferred.
- Southwest Minnesota State University Career Fair October 3, 2017
- Twin Cities Start Up Week October 10-12, 2017
- Peer to Peer Food Safety Network October 17, 2017
Ag Innovation News: Subscribe Today!
Where do you go to learn about the latest news about renewable energy, coproducts, biobased products and food science? If your answer didn't include the Ag Innovation Newspaper, then you have been missing out on important updates from around Minnesota. Contact us today at
to get your free, quarterly subscription to AURI's official publication. Each issue contains useful and interesting information, like:
- News from Minnesota's ag industry
- Updates on the latest technology and idea implementation
- Information on how AURI is fostering economic benefits for the state
- A special column from the Executive Director
Agricultural Utilization Research Institute | 800.279.5010 |
Foster long-term economic benefit for Minnesota through value-added agricultural products.