Attention Partner Agencies,
Important Action Items & Changes Needing Attention - Please click button at the bottom of this email to acknowledge that you have read and understand these changes.
During the past few weeks, you have been hearing a lot about upcoming changes. These changes include:
- New partner agency webpage - Please check this out, it is full of information and resources! www.firstfoodbank.org/agencies
- New Partner Agency & Program Agreements - these will be sent out in January 2017 and due back by January 20, 2017
- New application process for partnership - this now includes a pre-application and mandatory LIVE training. The pre-application can be viewed on our Partner Agency webpage.
- New Annual SMFBA Partner Agency Training - for continued compliance for partnership. Details of 2017 training sessions to come later.
- New Partner Agency Policy and Procedure Manual - for our partners to have full transparency and an understanding of how to interact with SMFBA and our compliance measures. Two LIVE info sessions are scheduled for January 10, 2017 and January 13, 2017 to cover all the new data and answer any questions. Please join us by submitting your RSVP on the Partner Agency webpage!
- New monthly reporting requirements - SMFBA has always required partners to report the number of households and individuals served, but effective January 5, 2017, we will be enforcing this with all of our agencies. Please note the following:
- Agencies will no longer submit reports after each distribution and/or meal service. Instead, agencies will submit ONE, final monthly report on the 1st of the following month. To assist you, here is an updated Distribution Sign-In Sheet.
- TEFAP/CSFP sites will continue to use DES/CSFP forms. Agencies can check the Resources area on the Partner Agency webpage for downloadable forms.
- Grocery Rescue will continue to report on Meal Connect. No changes for grocery rescue agencies.
- CSFP reporting procedures will remain the same. Monthly Inventory Reports and Master Lists will still be due 2 business days after distribution.
- This new monthly reporting process will begin in December 2016, which means December's report will be due by January 1st, 2017. Those agencies that do not report by January 5th will be placed on a HOLD status. Once on HOLD, your agency will not be able to receive product.
- All agencies will receive a one-time grace period where the agency will not be immediately placed on HOLD, but once that one-time chance is used, there will be no further allowance.
- Reports are to be submitted online at the Partner Agency webpage www.firstfoodbank.org/agencies. Please locate your appropriate program report, click the link, and submit your report.
- Agencies that submit sign-in sheets will submit them at the end of the month by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Again, you are encouraged to join us at one of the two LIVE SMFBA Partner Agency information sessions on January 10, 2017 in Phoenix and January 13, 2017 in Flagstaff, where we will cover all these new changes! Visit
Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns. We are here to support you during this transition. Thanks for all you do!