See the Bureau's
on modifications to their operations in light of COVID-19. Highlights include:
- They are delaying the start of their Mobile Questionnaire Assistance from March 30 to April 13. This is where Census employees would go to community spaces in low response areas.
- Group Quarters Enumeration offered multiple ways for administrators to count their residents. The Bureau is reaching out to those administrators again to encourage methods that involve less in-person contact.
- The mailing schedule for reminders has not been changed. People can still complete the Census online or by phone now or wait for the paper form to arrive in the mail.
Brainstorm Outreach Strategies - With all the changes arising, on this week's call, we came together to listen and share effective outreach approaches to reach and educate older adults about the 2020 Census. Here are some ideas shared:
- A congregate meal site had their volunteer call the regular participants as part of a wellbeing check. In that call, they included a reminder of the Census.
- Another congregate meal site is including a Census flyer in the pick-up meals for their diners
- Although their office is closed to walk-ins, one agency is taking calls and ending each call with a Census reminder.
- One agency is including a Census flyer in the surveys they are sending to clients in the mail.
For flyers and a script you can use in your calls, see the New Resources section.