Now that we have been open for a month, I have been able to have conversations around different areas of concern. I have outlined them below with our proposed remedy.
Bay Club's HVAC unit is set up for a minimum of 15% outside air exchange based on outside temperature. Air continues to circulate through the return vents (based on ASHRE standards) and gets filtered through MERV 13 air filters. MERV 13 filters capture airborne viruses and bacteria from coughs and sneezes. While there's no guarantee a strong air filter will protect us from the virus, it is another step to promote clean air.
Surface Disinfectant Quality:
One City Center has provided us with an Electrostatic Sprayer (click on link to watch) that we will use to spray all surfaces with PreventX - a 24/7 Antimicrobial finish solution.
PreventX 24/7 Antimicrobial Finish
- EPA/FDA approved for food contact surfaces, beverage tubing and all other surfaces
- Surface Protection 24 hours 7 days a week
- One simple monthly application with up to 30 days protection
- Independent studies have shown PreventX 24/7 to be effective against Salmonella, E coli, Listeria, Noro Virus, a wide range of odor causing bacteria, and viral contaminants
- Imagine someone cleaning and disinfecting a surface every time microbes contaminate it. PreventX 24/7 does this with one simple monthly application
For an extra added measure of comfort for you, we will start taking temporal readings upon entering. If no one is at the desk when you arrive, the thermometer will be available for you with simple instructions to take your temperature. Get it as close to your forehead without touching. If your reading is 99 degrees or higher, you should seek medical assistance and not enter the club. Disinfectant wipes will be available at the front desk for your check in process if needed.
Virus Sensitivity Awareness:
By now we have all realized that there are many different levels of sensitivity around the risks of viral loads. I believe we are doing pretty following the guidelines which are listed below in case you missed it, but I offer another level of awareness.
If you see someone working out with a mask or shield on, please assume they are high risk and be extra careful to maintain appropriate distance. Conversely, if you feel you are at high risk, please consider wearing a mask and a shield for extra protection which will also send a very clear signal to any members around you.
Please keep your mask with you!
- If you are within 6ft, you must put it on.
- If you are working out vigorously within 14ft, you must put it on.
- Unless no one else is around, you must wear your mask to and from workout stations, in the room and in/out of Bay Club.
- If you have a conflict with another member, contact staff and they will enforce our policy.
Thank you all for being with us, and I hope we continue to find a way to co-exist during these tough times. I think we all agree we need our exercise for physical and mental stability, and we are in this together. As always, I'm here for feedback.
Take good care....
In Health -trace